Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

There are hundreds of hard working, knowledgeable rock n roll DJ's in this country. They know the music inside and out and show an enthusiasm that is fantastic to listen to. I have spoken to a fair few and been educated by them over the years. Radio 2 are doing a fifties pop up radio station on Dab and have done a Buddy Holly special, presented by the 7 year old son of professional word removed, Chris Evans. The music was great, but both Evans and his son were shit. It seems that Evans can shoe horn his kid into his vanity projects. I loathe that man.

Not that I'll watch it (and not that I did in the past), but I did roll my eyes and smile, when they announced that they were replacing the shitehawk from Top Gear, with an even bigger shitehawk.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

There are hundreds of hard working, knowledgeable rock n roll DJ's in this country. They know the music inside and out and show an enthusiasm that is fantastic to listen to. I have spoken to a fair few and been educated by them over the years. Radio 2 are doing a fifties pop up radio station on Dab and have done a Buddy Holly special, presented by the 7 year old son of professional word removed, Chris Evans. The music was great, but both Evans and his son were shit. It seems that Evans can shoe horn his kid into his vanity projects. I loathe that man.

Didn't listen to the show but heard him mention 'pop up' radio station several times this morning...along with his 'pop up' craft beer bars....must be the new buzz word with all the young dudes man!

Pop up?!!...piss off :angry:

Changed the status bar text/icon colour to black on my phone yesterday because I had a bright wallpaper, changed to a darker wallpaper and now I can't find the setting to change it back. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Didn't listen to the show but heard him mention 'pop up' radio station several times this morning...along with his 'pop up' craft beer bars....must be the new buzz word with all the young dudes man!

Pop up?!!...piss off :angry:

Fancy some 'artisan' bread and some 'craft' beers or 'real' ales at the pop up restaurant? 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, V01 said:

Changed the status bar text/icon colour to black on my phone yesterday because I had a bright wallpaper, changed to a darker wallpaper and now I can't find the setting to change it back. 

That reminded me of the Nokia "hidden game" trick, you'd pressed menu then a code like 2415 which actually changed the language to something which was very difficult to decipher.

I'm kind of pissed off that I thought i'd be much more angry and sad when our relegation was finally confirmed today.

The long, drawn out inevitability of it all I suppose.

• Like 3

I felt nothing

I wasn't even listening to the game. Was in a coffee shop and a mate texted "its official - we're down" - Didn't even register any emotion with me.

• Like 2

We're taking this dangerously on topic, but it does piss me off, because years ago, anything more than a couple of seasons ago, if I saw fans walking out, or saw clubs attendances fall after relegatioon, I thought "what a bunch of shit, fairweather fans, real fans stick with their club and go no matter the results".

But I was the same today. I didn't go. I didn't even follow the score, I went outside and cleaned my decking, then had a driving lesson in the second half. I had a season ticket for years, and went to at least half of the away games, then a few seasons ago went to every home game, but just watched streams of the away matches. I'd say it was towards the end of Lambert's second season when I stopped giving a shit, when I realised nothing would change. Not for the better, anyway.

The last 5 seasons have completely ruined my love of football, which I didn't think possible. I mostly just check VT for off topic these days, I couldn't give a shit about the football. Now that pisses me off.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Xann said:

Two pages of match response three hours after relegation.

Says it all really.  The root cause of the apathy is IMO,  it is nothing like the club I grew up with from the 70's.  It's like a weird version that's gone through a filter,  in many ways we are noi different to small heath in many ways now.  Just another shit midlands club where I am confident we will never get back to where we want to be,  maybe we will be sold but the damage to the brand is basically forever.  When we were relegated last time I was heartbroken,  this just feels like someone needs to turn the life support off.

• Like 2

Did a pal a favour a couple of weeks ago. His door lock on his Porsche had failed an he could not open the passenger side door, new lock fitted was 600 quid!  I got another mate, who is in the trade to help him out. He did a repair which he said may not last, but would be better than spending £500+, he didn't charge him as he owes me a drink or 2.

Well today down my local, my so called pal was there, but not on my table. He duly came over to tell me what a tosser the guy was who came out to repair his car , as a couple of nights ago after returning from a work event with the misses, it failed again and he was stuck trying to get his misses in the car in the rain, he was proper angry, to a point where I had to tell him to remove himself from my table, though I did note he told him it was as good as a temp repair, and he said "he shouldn't have f**** bothered if it was only gonna last a couple of weeks" 

Now I don't condone violence, but I recently saw a news item where a guy had stabbed someone 60 times until he couldn't lift his arm, an thought how the hell can people be so insane. But just at the time my pal was moaning, an my concentration was drifting off, I thought it must be very very easy in certain situations.

Â