Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

28 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The amount of money a broadcaster is willing to pay will be based upon how much they can charge for advertising during that broadcast.

Wimbledon is on the BBC.

55 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The only fair basis to divvy up the prize money is how much revenue the sport earns from selling the broadcast rights.

The amount of money a broadcaster is willing to pay will be based upon how much they can charge for advertising during that broadcast.

The amount they are able to charge varies considerably and advertisers will have a very good idea of the size of the audience they can expect and charge accordingly.

If the women want to play five sets to maximise the advertising and therefore their prize money, they should be allowed to do so - that would be fairness and that would be equitable.

It's certainly one definition of fairness, but it's not the only definition of fairness. 

• Like 1

I suspect a wisdom tooth is beginning to cause me problems :( Only very minor dull ache at the moment but it's constant.  Oh nuckfuggets.

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I call at 8:30 (when they open) and get a same day. 

Get one pretty much every time.

This. Calling at 8.30 am, I'd get a same day appointment 90% of the time. If not, it would ALWAYS be within a couple of days. Never heard of a fortnight (or more) wait. Postcode lottery I guess. 

EDIT: On the other hand, home visits are completely unknown. 

Edited by mjmooney

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

How do people manage if they're really ill and need to see their GP?

I just rang to make an appointment and the soonest one available was 26th April.

Now, it doesn't really matter because mine isn't massively urgent. But what if it was?

A&E?

Walk or clinic or request a home visit if you are really ill. Usually if you request a home visit, there will suddenly be an appointment open up that day at the surgery

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I only bought this house a year ago, and my **** roof is leaking. I can't afford a new roof. I don't even have a **** ladder tall enough to get into the loft.:lol:

Property insurance? 

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Property insurance? 

They don't tend to cover general wear and tear? Which I think most roof leaks are classed as, unless it flies off in a storm or something.

57 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I got a free meerkat with mine , didn't know I could have got a free ladder instead 

If you'd have gone through quidco or topcashback you could £50+ free money just for using a different link.

Job interview candidate cancels. Fair enough, arranged again for this Monday.

Comes interview time, no sign of her, no phone calls. Phone her up, so are you coming for this interview or what?

"Oh yeah, do you have many applications, is is worth me coming in."

"..."

**** off love.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Comes interview time, no sign of her, no phone calls. Phone her up, so are you coming for this interview or what?

"..."

**** off love.

Sounds like someone with zero confidence more than anything else

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

"..."

**** off love.

I wouldn't have wasted my time on the phone call tbh .... Unless you knew she was mega fit 

• Like 2

A client at work keeps sending me lists of telephone numbers, that have to be copied into a directory. Aside from the fact, I don't work in admin (which is also part of the reason it pisses me off), she insists on sending a screen shot of the numbers (from excel) instead of actually sending me the excel document, that I could copy and paste from. I wish I wasn't so ******* helpful, and just told her to mail the team that deals with that kind of shit. 

What pisses me off is how difficult it is to sack people at work, even utter no-hoper scumbags.  **** employment laws and trade union bastards!

Fair few years old place sacked a guy who utterly useless, he was a black guy too, they kind of knew that it would be really hard to sack anyway and then assumed he'd kick up a fuss and potentially play the race card

They put together a file on him for a month, recorded his internet use at work, private phone calls at work, tracked him every day signing in and out of the office, tracking how long he had on lunch, he worked on site too and they were doing that, unsurprisingly he had a day at week when he told site he was in the office and the office he was on site and was sneaking a couple of hours on the skive, going home early etc

Slapped the file down in front of him and basically told him to **** off of his own accord or they'd have him anyway

I've worked in places which have got rid of people easily but now working at a University it's a nightmare unless, it's a straight forward gross dismissal case. Even then it has to be done textbook. 

I suppose it is a good thing that workers rights are well protected, but you always have that waste of space that takes advantage and drags out the inevitable for as long as they possibly can.

Â