Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

To fix an older style fuse box you need to keep it switched on and use a moderately damp (not soaking wet!) cloth and clean the circuit board, once moist, wipe any excess dirt off with your finger.

• Like 1

Can't get on board with the FA Cup cynicism. I'd be an absolute wreck, if we ever win the FA Cup again.

"She wore, she wore, she wore a Claret & Blue ribbon... She wore a Claret & Blue ribbon in the merry month of May..."  

• Like 1

Can't get on board with the FA Cup cynicism. I'd be an absolute wreck, if we ever win the FA Cup again.

"She wore, she wore, she wore a Claret & Blue ribbon... She wore a Claret & Blue ribbon in the merry month of May..."

It is absolutely impossible to sing those words to the original tune.
  • Like 1

"Will you sponsor me for 'Dry January'?"

**** off!

Someone yesterday genuinely posted,

"Day 2 of dry January,

A glass of red wine would go down great about now"

johnmcenroe.jpg

Fwiw they definitely aren't an alcoholic.

Edited by jjaacckk91

I did it last year (not sponsored or anything) because my family was pissing me off with the frowning over my binge drinking at Christmas (an auntie who drinks a bottle of wine a night and an uncle who drinks 4-6 cans a night moaning I drink 10 pints once a month...)

Lasted until mid February, did an away game and a 30th birthday sober, didn't enjoy either, don't think I saved any money and I knocked it on the head because the missus said FFS will you just have a drink

When I did get back on it I think I had 6 pints couple of buccas and I was sick in the pubs door threshold and fell asleep on a wall outside the school round the corner from my house, it does you no favours whatsoever when you do have a drink again

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I wouldn't sponsor anyone not to have a drink, I watched my dad drink a bottle of white lightening a day for 20 years before he died of alcoholic liver disease at the age of 52.

If you think you need a kick up the arse to stop drinking I suggest going to the hospital and seeing for you own eyes what alcohol abuse does.

• Like 1

I wouldn't sponsor anyone not to have a drink, I watched my dad drink a bottle of white lightening a day for 20 years before he died of alcoholic liver disease at the age of 52.

If you think you need a kick up the arse to stop drinking I suggest going to the hospital and seeing for you own eyes what alcohol abuse does.

Watching both my dad and brother just being drunk was enough to put me off drinking.

Â