Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

"I'm sending you this now incase it doesn't send at midnight, happy new year!!!!!!"

**** off. Just **** off.

Thought I'd reply now in case my internet goes down at midnight.  Happy New Year, Jim. 

Sorry

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

I don't know why I bother watching the Hootenanny every year. It's always shit. It's like watching a parade of things you find annoying about music.

The wheeling out of 'random American soul singer from 40 years ago to sing with Jools band' has now basically become farcical.

• Like 1

I saw a bit of it. Basically it was Soul Old Guard vs. Young Pretenders, with the latter winning hands down. Paloma Faith showed up Ronnie Spector. Paolo Nuttini likewise with Boz Scaggs. William Bell can still cut it, though. Didn't stick around for any more.

It beat last years New Years extravaganza when we had Gary Barlow claiming he's always wanted to sing a duet with someone and low and behold he sang a duet with himself from a video of Take That in the 90s.. Jesus Christ...

I've had the opportunity to be in the audience a couple of times since it has moved down to Kent, and I've said thanks but no thanks.

It's a little bit, I dunno, off. It's a bit reverential to people that have clearly passed their prime. It's a little bit about JH's awesome musicality. The audience are behind a barrier, off to the side and have to wear dark coours - preferably black. Not going to make for a great atmosphere when there are rules and dress code.

Having said that, JH's live show, if you go into it in the right spirit can be excellent.

Got myself a microwave curry (I know!), as I knew I'd be in no mood to cook, after a heavy night on the booze. It was absolutely horrid. Like eating sawdust and rubber, coated in tomato ketchup mixed with chilli sauce. In the bin after 2 mouthfuls. Back to the sofa. 

Got myself a microwave curry (I know!), as I knew I'd be in no mood to cook, after a heavy night on the booze. It was absolutely horrid. Like eating sawdust and rubber, coated in tomato ketchup mixed with chilli sauce. In the bin after 2 mouthfuls. Back to the sofa. 

Some microwave meals aren't too bad. M&S for are decent

Just watching Channel 5's Greatest Sitcoms. It surprised me to see One Foot in the Grave, Cheers and MASH as far back as the higher 20s. When I saw Mrs Brown's Boys was ranked above them I just switched off.

Just watching Channel 5's Greatest Sitcoms. It surprised me to see One Foot in the Grave, Cheers and MASH as far back as the higher 20s. When I saw Mrs Brown's Boys was ranked above them I just switched off.

It is what is known as pandering to the young folk!

I don't think Mrs Browns Boys is aimed at the "young folk"

Anyway, on that note, I was in Tesco the other day and there were SIX different Mrs Browns Boys DVDs on the rack. SIX!

It is what is known as pandering to the young folk!

I don't think Mrs Browns Boys is aimed at the "young folk"

Anyway, on that note, I was in Tesco the other day and there were SIX different Mrs Browns Boys DVDs on the rack. SIX!

Which is twice the number of funny lines contained in the entire set.

• Like 1

Â