AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

It will be interesting to know how the staff numbers compare with other Premier League clubs in this department. To be honest i'm very shocked to read only three involved in this.

We do have other members in the marketing department as a whole, a design team, a content team (online) etc. However I too was shocked to see we have just three people sorting the video content including Jack, and that spans across press conferences, interviews, pre-match stuff etc. Essentially we have a producer, a cameraman/editor, and Jack. That should hopefully be expanding in the near future though.

This explains a lot.

I imagine the cameraman and producer throw darts at a lifesize model of jack for hours after work.

Has Jack been sacked yet?

So he can be replaced by someone else that some Villa fans think is crap and can do a better job themselves?

I hear Clarkson might be available. :)

No, just by someone who can commentate, interview and brush his hair.

I dislike most football commentary; at least Jack's is a bit eccentric.

Interviews with footballers are always bland because most footballers don't converse well or are aware of the restrictions they operate under. Little point in asking anything taxing or controversial.

I don't care what any bloke's hair looks like.

You have never watched Stuart Pearce or Steve Claridge on your screen and wanted to punch your television?

Just me then.

Has Jack been sacked yet?

So he can be replaced by someone else that some Villa fans think is crap and can do a better job themselves?

I hear Clarkson might be available. :)

No, just by someone who can commentate, interview and brush his hair.

I dislike most football commentary; at least Jack's is a bit eccentric.

Interviews with footballers are always bland because most footballers don't converse well or are aware of the restrictions they operate under. Little point in asking anything taxing or controversial.I don't care what any bloke's hair looks like.

You have never watched Stuart Pearce or Steve Claridge on your screen and wanted to punch your television?

Just me then.

From something they've said, possibly. From the state of their hair 'do', no.

• 2 months later...

Aston Villa will release a new official website following the appointment of Rippleffect on a long-term contract to work with the club’s marketing and communications team.

The site will go live in the autumn ahead of the new Premier League season and will aim to improve the relationship the club has with its supporters through an improved fan engagement experience which will include a live match-day centre.

Rippleffect will also focus on maximising the commercial proposition and build on the existing sales and marketing offer, which will focus on attendance and sales growth, as well as a rise in uptake of hospitality.

Traditional online content such as news, statistics, features and video will be used to drive user numbers.

Russell Jones, head of marketing and communications for Aston Villa, said his hope was to create a “world class user experience” that the fans would embrace and lead to an improved engagement and commercial performance.

Ben Hatton, managing director of Rippleffect, added: In our many conversations with them it has also become abundantly clear that the club has huge commercial ambitions for the future and sees digital the very heart of their plans."

The club’s video channel; AVTV will also be redeveloped alongside its video partner, StreamUK ahead of the new season, while Sitecore’s Experience platform will also be used.

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2015/05/28/aston-villa-set-fan-engagement-drive-it-commissions-rippleffect-develop-new-content

We are thrilled to announce our appointment as Aston Villa Football Club’s new digital partner following an extensive tender review.

We’re working closely with the the FA Cup finalist’s marketing and communications team to plan and create a market-leading official website, built using the Sitecore Experience Platform, which will launch this Autumn.

It aims to enhance the relationship between the club and its supporters by strengthening the fan engagement experience alongside offering an unparalleled and state-of-the-art live match day centre.

An important aspect of our role will be to maximise the commercial potential of the channel as well as supporting the club’s sales and marketing efforts with further digital activity, primarily around boosting attendances, hospitality and retail.

Prior to the site launch, we will redevelop the Villans' dedicated video channel AVTV alongside the club's video partner StreamUK. This will launch in time for the next Premier League season and will also utilise the Sitecore platfform.

Russell Jones, head of marketing and communications at Villa Park, said: “Our aim is to offer a world-class user experience that our fans embrace and which will lead to greater engagement and strong commercial performance.

“In Rippleffect, we have a digital partner that has a proven track record in the world of sport and, in particular, football, and we believe the new site will have a significant impact on our long-term objectives.”

http://www.rippleffect.com/news-views/new-site-on-the-way-for-villans

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Does this mean the end for captain jack and he's fantastic frost/nixon line of questioning?

"so Tim I noticed today you played with 3 at the back, 2 in midfield and 5 interchangeable players in front of them, but what I really want to know is, what's your favorite colour?"

Poor captain jack will be first out of the door!

I shall miss his in-depth questioning of players and his commentary!

#savejackwoodward

2rz5bg4.jpg

https://youtu.be/K9v7JTyJN7M

Edited by trekka
  • Like 2

The early mock-ups of the new site that I saw were really, really good - Modern, responsive and slick. Rippleffect/StreamTV are the companies behind the Everton website and EvertonTV, if anybody wants to check them out.

• Like 1

AVTV has been much much better recently. Even the pre-match shows have been really good and actual insight is given by whichever guest they have on for that particular game, so credit goes to them for that.

I hope they keep Jack on. He's a bit Partridge but he's part of the furniture. 

This probably sounds really pedantic but I'd like our html to be changed to a '.com'. Gives the impression of a global brand.

Well whoever registered the avfc.com domain as "A Vote For Change!" who resides in Coventry (details on whois) must have had offers in the past.  It's still going but interestingly, redirects me to my gmail account!

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

Is the subscription worth the money?

Are the matches covered? I'm in Belfast, rarely get the chance to get home for games and would rather watch the full match than the regular MOTD coverage

I wouldn't pay for it. I get it free because I'm a ST holder, and it's good for pre and post match interviews, new signing interviews, press conferences and full match (but poor quality) coverage of friendlies. But for League games, all you'll get is live text updates, so you're better watching the PL games from other sources.

• Like 1

Is the subscription worth the money?

Are the matches covered? I'm in Belfast, rarely get the chance to get home for games and would rather watch the full match than the regular MOTD coverage

I wouldn't say it's worth the money at all, the service as a whole is extremely amateurish. However I still subscribe for the post match interviews as they're usually a bit more open than the BBC ones I find.

As far as I'm aware you don't get matches covered (except friendlies), but they do provide extended highlights of games.

Edit: Rob beat me to it :-)

Edited by myko
  • Like 1

Â