AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

Is that true about filming in the changing rooms? I could swear they've filmed in there before. It's not like it's any great secret, I've been in there as part of the stadium tour.

All sounds good though. It was pretty cool of them to give you an informal meeting like that.

Is that true about filming in the changing rooms? I could swear they've filmed in there before. It's not like it's any great secret, I've been in there as part of the stadium tour.

All sounds good though. It was pretty cool of them to give you an informal meeting like that.

It was the changing rooms at BMH, I guess things work a bit differently there in regards to access.

It will be interesting to know how the staff numbers compare with other Premier League clubs in this department. To be honest i'm very shocked to read only three involved in this.

We do have other members in the marketing department as a whole, a design team, a content team (online) etc. However I too was shocked to see we have just three people sorting the video content including Jack, and that spans across press conferences, interviews, pre-match stuff etc. Essentially we have a producer, a cameraman/editor, and Jack. That should hopefully be expanding in the near future though.

• Like 1

The marketing team are also using messaging boards/social media to find out what we're unhappy/happy with, so they are seeing what we are saying about stuff.

Poor Jack, I bet every other comment noted is one about him.

I don't mind him, but we really should give everyone what they want, and have a busty blonde doing the interviews.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Loving the fan cams and mascot cam. The YouTube content has gotten a lot better this season.

Yep, I'd like to see the mascot can every game, needs polishing a little but we're getting there. Seeing Benjamin Z in the Holte going mental was priceless!

• Like 1

Really just showing the full game on replay instead of highlights would be the most important thing they could do for me.

Other clubs do this simple thing and it adds huge value.

Do they? I thought there might be restrictions on showing the full game, from Sky or whoever. Would be nice to see.

Really just showing the full game on replay instead of highlights would be the most important thing they could do for me.

Other clubs do this simple thing and it adds huge value.

Do they? I thought there might be restrictions on showing the full game, from Sky or whoever. Would be nice to see.

Nope showing highlights instead of full games is just a choice by Villa sadly.

Chelsea for example shows the full games of each league match for its subscribers.

http://www.chelseafc.com/videos/chelsea-tv-on-demand/matches/first-team0.html

http://www.chelseafc.com/videos/about-chelsea-tv.html

"Chelsea TV has unrivalled access to the players, so subscribe to make sure you don't miss any of the action...

Features

- Full match replays and extended highlights of every game"

Has Jack been sacked yet?

So he can be replaced by someone else that some Villa fans think is crap and can do a better job themselves?

I hear Clarkson might be available. :)

No, just by someone who can commentate, interview and brush his hair.

So he can be replaced by someone else that some Villa fans think is crap and can do a better job themselves?

I like jack, and think he has improved. He's slowly edging away from the punathon commentary he used to do. I imagine being a good commentator takes a lot of work (although I am amazing when playing fifa!)

But I also agree how come not one player has chucked him a grand and got him a haircut and a decent suit!?

I dislike most football commentary; at least Jack's is a bit eccentric.

Interviews with footballers are always bland because most footballers don't converse well or are aware of the restrictions they operate under. Little point in asking anything taxing or controversial.

I don't care what any bloke's hair looks like.

Â