AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

6 minutes ago, Villaninireland said:

Capt Jack Woodward announced he is leaving last night . No more him talking about everything but what is going on on the pitch. Wonder what this means for AVTV ?

They'll just replace him with someone better? (which isn't hard tbf) :D

• Like 1

I think it is good news and is another step towards our online brand being improved.

He has been on borrowed time ever PL clubs really branched out with social media and the professionalism of online content.

So only the 10 years then.

I would think that if AVTV is on the way out, further emphasis would be put on the YouTube channel to bring that up to speed.

PL club or not, but Man City's channel should be the benchmark to exceed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

I think this spells the beginning of the end of AVTV with Jacks departure. They probably feel they cant run it anymore with the drop in finances.

Ironically I think the average fan would be more inclined to get it now with the loss of widely available streaming of premier league matches.

A lot of fans would be thinking "I'm not going to sit through 2 hours of a highlights show on channel 5 watching 200 goals over 3 leagues to catch a 30 second glimpse of Villas goals".  This would be a good time for AVTV to up their game and cash in on the fans who wont be watching streams anymore.

Stop talking nonsense. That actually sounds like something that would MAKE us money! 

Thats the last thing we would do under the current leadership 

• Like 1

I would be genuinely gutted to see/hear Captain Jack go. Through all the negativity on and off the pitch, he has constantly tried to do his enthusiastic best and his commentaries are now part and parcel of our games. I know they're dire but you can't help but chuckle.

He's nowhere near an ideal sportscaster but his enthusiasm and love for the club (even though he's not really a Villa fan) should be applauded.

• Like 1

Not a fan of Woodwood when I used to listen to I think it was the Villan on Sky years ago but he has given good service to the club, must've been here at least 10 years?

As others have said, no premier league so less coverage methinks hence why he's been let go.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Deisler123 - the AVTV is not very good - needs improving.  Lots of short videos of player interviews, highlights, pre-match shows, press conferences

A good history is available on Youtube. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMzCb8sfo1A

Thanks, Gary. Will watch it, albeit a very old one - 1989. Will post the link to chinese fan site and I am sure some translation groups will be interested in working on that, once the take over is approved by FA.

It would make a lot sense if Villa can make use things like AVTV or online streaming websites in the first season, as there is very little coverage about English Championships football in China.

Edited by Deisler123

Will have a look for some more recent stuff

Might be worth having a look at the favourate Villa Pics thread - some great pictures that don't need translating

Agree about AVTV - hopefully Xia will improve that!!

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Â