AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

The new YouTube stuff seems pretty decent. Hope they keep that up.

Yep, agreed. Seems like that is to be the new direction of all video content. Meeting is now arranged and I'll report back tomorrow, hopefully with good news. Again if anybody has input in regards to AVTV, our YouTube and so on, keep it coming. For too long we've looked ridiculously amateur and I'm going to try my very best to get our views across.

If you can manage to get Woodward off our screens without getting the poor bastard fired you will be doing the entire world a huge favour.

A decent YouTube channel is another revenue stream as well, although you'd have to find a way to get a lot of views to make any serious money

One way is to have players like Messi to interview. Which 1. Says a lot about what sad sleb-obsessed idiots people are, and 2. Is another way in which the bigger clubs have an edge over the smaller clubs (and why FFP is unfair).

A decent YouTube channel is another revenue stream as well, although you'd have to find a way to get a lot of views to make any serious money

The thing is, besides gaining revenue via advert commission, Man City have shown that it is impossible to gain outside sponsorship JUST for their YouTube content. They had a Nissan sponsored Xmas countdown in December, I'm sure that sort of thing alone would gain more revenue than the amount of people who actually pay for AVTV right now. These are the sort of things I want to get across, I want us as fans to be able to be more involved in the club and see what is going on, rather than being told via an annual (if that) message from the board with the majority of us not believing them. 

I also think it is important that we get to see more of BMH, we have one of the best training facilities and academies in the country yet we barely get a glimpse of what goes on there. I understand that there must be an element of "secrecy" somewhat to our training regime, but at the same time I'm pretty sure that there is a great deal we could possibly see and it'd definitely help us believe what we're being told. Training videos like goals and skills, interviews, player content, content that not just us as fans can enjoy but also those from outside of the Villa realm. 

Many football fans that don't support Villa are quite frankly annoyed that we're still in the Premier League, we're boring on the pitch and we're boring off the pitch too. Everything is incredibly serious, we need to show that we have personality, we need to be fun and enjoyable again off the pitch - especially if we can't score a bloody goal on it!

• Like 1

I agree wholeheartedly.

It's not very original, but pretty much ripping off Man City's youtube content would be great.

I watch Man City's videos more than I watch videos of my own club, that speaks volumes.

You get insights into the club and the bottom line is it's entertaining.

In an era where fans and players couldn't be less out of touch with each other, it's a good way for us to get a bit closer to the team.

And in terms of money, maybe it's negligible how much we'd make, but like you say the revenue from AVTV must be pretty tiny in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 2

Some of the best stuff on the Man City channel is just the bits where they're having a laugh.

The christmas stuff they did, particularly the MIlner one. I saw a Guess Who game with Vincent Kompany playing against the presenter and all the characters in the guess who game were man city players. They also did the Harlem Shake video (back when that was remotely funny).

It doesn't all have to be formal interviews and Q&As and PR stuff.

Show us the real players.

• Like 1

I agree wholeheartedly.

It's not very original, but pretty much ripping off Man City's youtube content would be great.

I watch Man City's videos more than I watch videos of my own club, that speaks volumes.

In an era where fans and players couldn't be less out of touch with each other, it's a good way for us to get a bit closer to the team.

And in terms of money, maybe it's negligible how much we'd make, but like you say the revenue from AVTV must be pretty tiny in the grand scheme of things.

You also have to look at the wider picture, an increase in quality of content > an increase in fanbase > an increase in revenue. It's all about increasing awareness by promoting our brand and image. Basic stuff really in terms of marketing but we're missing out on many opportunities and it needs to change.

Like I say, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to report back with good news!

• Like 1

the revenue from AVTV must be pretty tiny in the grand scheme of things.

I don't know. Two hundred and fifty quid a year from this mug. That's like a season ticket.

What?!

I thought it was £4.99 a month?!

I agree wholeheartedly.

You also have to look at the wider picture, an increase in quality of content > an increase in fanbase > an increase in revenue. It's all about increasing awareness by promoting our brand and image. Basic stuff really in terms of marketing but we're missing out on many opportunities and it needs to change.

Like I say, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to report back with good news!

Tom seems pretty switched on with that sort of stuff. The bigger picture and the importance of the brand.

Wish you the best, sounds exciting.

Also, find out if the commercial accountant role at a "top flight Midlands based football club" I was contacted about is with them... and tell them to hire me :D;)

Definitely follow the NFL model. Just go on NFL.com. The amount of content they have for free is staggering. Then you go onto team's individual websites and the content is doubled. it's pretty fantastic tbh.

• Like 2

the revenue from AVTV must be pretty tiny in the grand scheme of things.

I don't know. Two hundred and fifty quid a year from this mug. That's like a season ticket.

What?!

I thought it was £4.99 a month?!

That's what they get you to sign up for, then it becomes 4.99 a week. At least I think it does. I best check my bank statements!

Edit: Gadzooks, you're right. The amount of whingeing from Mrs Crackpot was what misled me to think it was a more significant sum.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

In my opinion none of our video/social content should be paid for, it should all be free.

Remember how some of the U.S. teams we played against in the summer streamed the games for free on YouTube, really good quality too considering.

Edited by samjp26

In my opinion none of our video/social content should be paid for, it should all be free.

And even if it is paid for, the quality needs to be improved.

AVTV is something I would have considered (and probably still would).

But all I ever hear is how crap and unreliable it is.

But yeah, it should be free. In the long term that'll be way more beneficial, as you've already said.

• Like 1

Â