AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

So AVTV is on a spanish channel here in the states (DirectTV channel 458 Deportes) It is all the Villa games plus all the AVTV content in highdef. There are three shows a week plus a weekly round up show on that lasts for three hours on channel 691 which does recaps the whole thing.

Interestingly no other club has such coverage. Either Villa are more popular than I realised or this is a special deal between that station and Villa. Either way, nice one.

I'm thinking of buying AVTV membership for a year, is it something you guys would recommend? 

Nope, check it out for one month first. I certainly wasn't happy with the product 4 months ago.

But they might have improved, by the sound of it. So I suggest you check it out for a month before you do something as rash as paying for 12. I'm gonna start my subscription again to so how it is now myself :)

Oh okej cheers :)

So AVTV is on a spanish channel here in the states (DirectTV channel 458 Deportes) It is all the Villa games plus all the AVTV content in highdef. There are three shows a week plus a weekly round up show on that lasts for three hours on channel 691 which does recaps the whole thing.

Interestingly no other club has such coverage. Either Villa are more popular than I realised or this is a special deal between that station and Villa. Either way, nice one.

Just set it to record. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

No prob, just FYI it is all in spanish. Still having the games there is good.

691 is Spanish too?

691 is Spanish too?

I assume so, I havent watched that one yet.

• 3 months later...

So I've just noticed that despite cancelling my AVTV account long ago, I have been charged every month since last September. I was most recently charged 2 weeks ago, and can't log in to AVTV without them asking for me to sign up for subscription.

I've already emailed the club for a refund - has this happened to anyone else?

• 3 months later...

I paid for it yearly about 10 years ago, cancelled it and they still took my next years fee. I think I used it a couple of times back then to cycle through some old videos. It really is piss poor. I am not even tempted to use it now when it is free. When I look at Man City's and Spurs channels. They are absolute top notch, I an guessing ours still hasn't improved?

I would love a top service, and would even pay for it on top of my season ticket. Jack Woodward gets some light hearted stick but to me, it isn't funny, He is **** woeful, commentary, interviews, appearance. Amateurish.

Does he actually run the channel?

• Like 2

can someone investigate AVFC.co.uk ? For some reason, within the past few months 9 out of 10 attempts to open the site fail because "can't find the server" this happens in IE, Safari, and Firefox.

I tried to e-mail the tech office at AVFC about it, but the e-mails keep bouncing back for the same reason.

Is there some problem with the site from the States? Because I don't see anyone else on VT posting about it.

Hard to use AVTV when you can't hit the site.

if someone can find the problem and a solution, or even just forward the issue to the AVFC IT office, I would be quite grateful....

can someone investigate AVFC.co.uk ? For some reason, within the past few months 9 out of 10 attempts to open the site fail because "can't find the server" this happens in IE, Safari, and Firefox.

I tried to e-mail the tech office at AVFC about it, but the e-mails keep bouncing back for the same reason.

Is there some problem with the site from the States? Because I don't see anyone else on VT posting about it.

Hard to use AVTV when you can't hit the site.

if someone can find the problem and a solution, or even just forward the issue to the AVFC IT office, I would be quite grateful....

It works for me.

For future reference:

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Noticed that we've slowly been introducing new graphics and thumbnails to our YouTube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr3vUyyq1t8

The outro video is awful, but apart from that I think we're seeing progress with AVTV finally. Crystal clear HD too!

Captain Jack still likes to talk more than the actual people he is supposed to be interviewing. 

Captain Jack should be flayed alive and dipped in the worlds biggest bag of salt and vinegar crisps.

• Like 2

The Football Ramble raised a good point the other day (although it's something we all know really). With the amount of money knocking around in football, the state of clubs' websites and other media is absolutely shocking on the most part.

Man City lead the way for me. I'd absolutely love a YouTube channel like theirs. It's excellent.

• Like 3

Â