AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

watching for 1st time ever today. Captain Jack is a character isnt he. Reminds me of Clive Tyldesley but without being a prick

His optimism is something to be admired

"it's just like going on a date with a beautiful woman and not know what to say." (Jack on Wolves not getting promoted).

But WOW! How AVTV has improved. I HATED IT. Much much better now.

GOOD JOB!

I seemed to be locked into SD when I turned on earlier, admittedly it was only the last 30 mins of the Wolves game but the quality was crap. Happened with the last game too, but that bumped itself up to 720p after the first 10 mins and had no issues.

I watched the game last night.

I can't believe they've built a new site using Flash. Forced me to use a different browser. Streaming had only occasional buffering, but any panning caused quality issues with the picture.

Does anyone know when they put the full wolves game on AVTV?. I missed it last night and would love to see the whole match but if it isn't showing until tommorow I might cave in and watch the highlights.

Should be today at some point

Thank you

I shall try and wait then

It is up now.

Also, whoever chose the music for the highlights video - damn, that is some pumping house music.

Can anyone please tell me if its possible to share my subscription with another person?  which would mean both of us streaming the game at the same time in different locations.?

That depends how comfortable you are with committing fraud and posting about it on a public forum.

Lol, well I'll take that as a no then...

Sites like Netflix and such let you share so can't see the issue with being able to share avtv between family members.

Edited by Bunnski

From the Terms of Use linked at the bottom of every page on AVTV

Your account and password

If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.

We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms of use.

If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us via the ‘Contact Us’ form, available on this site.

I've no idea what they use to detect multiple use, but I'm going to guess multiple IP addresses during a game would be a dead give away.

From the Terms of Use linked at the bottom of every page on AVTV

Your account and password

If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.

We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms of use.

If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us via the ‘Contact Us’ form, available on this site.

I've no idea what they use to detect multiple use, but I'm going to guess multiple IP addresses during a game would be a dead give away.

Fair enough, I had a look through the FAQ but couldn't find that info so thanks for clarifying that for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Captain Jack's interview with Adaaarrma is cringe worthy. The dude asks questions and answers them for you.

"How exciting is it to play in the English Premier League?" Is a decent question, you don't need to add the "What with it being so high profile now and it is a fantastic league to play in."

He's a footballer Jack, I'm sure he knows the second part.

The fella clearly got his qualifications by collecting tokens from the back of a cereal packet.

I watched the game last night.

I can't believe they've built a new site using Flash. Forced me to use a different browser. Streaming had only occasional buffering, but any panning caused quality issues with the picture.

Flash (done properly) should give the best quality stream for a desktop, they should be using html5 as a base, and if available flash. There's an argument for a peer to peer flash version too I guess.

I disagree. Closed protocol and with bad platform support. It's time we let flash go into retirement. There is no such thing as flash (done properly) and the sooner devs that say that get retrained the better.

Â