AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

Captain Jack still likes to talk more than the actual people he is supposed to be interviewing. 

Captain Jack should be flayed alive and dipped in the worlds biggest bag of salt and vinegar crisps.

Being apparently more easy going than you, I'd settle for early retirement or a desk job. Give him twenty seconds to accept either one, and if he doesn't, only then should he immediately be flayed alive and dipped in the worlds biggest bag of salt and vinegar crisps.

• Like 1

What I find funny in regards to AVTV is that I am confident that myself, personally, on my own, could achieve a better quality than whatever their entire team is doing. We must be paying a fair few people yet they're really not cutting the mustard, baffles me how we can have a slicker looking logo sting at the beginning of the YouTube videos now yet the new outro is absolutely awful. Are two different people doing the motion graphics?

Have tried contacting them several times via email but to no avail. 

What I find funny in regards to AVTV is that I am confident that myself, personally, on my own, could achieve a better quality than whatever their entire team is doing. We must be paying a fair few people yet they're really not cutting the mustard, baffles me how we can have a slicker looking logo sting at the beginning of the YouTube videos now yet the new outro is absolutely awful. Are two different people doing the motion graphics?

Have tried contacting them several times via email but to no avail. 

The prem league websites is a pretty closed shop I think, Only a few firms handle them all. At least they did the last time I checked. It really would not be hard to get better media across the board than what the club present at the moment. The problem is deeper than that though, look at how many people complain about buffering on AVTV online, means they don't even have decent hardware to push it out on...

The prem league websites is a pretty closed shop I think, Only a few firms handle them all. At least they did the last time I checked. It really would not be hard to get better media across the board than what the club present at the moment. The problem is deeper than that though, look at how many people complain about buffering on AVTV online, means they don't even have decent hardware to push it out on...

There are very few media outlets who push video from their own servers. PremierTV aren't very good, but they are cheap.

Video content should be on a CDN (or YouTube).

been saying that about villa for ages now, would love to know how many ST holders ever use it and more importantly how many non-ST holders actually pay for it

man city and arsenal have shown where the future is, their videos are often trending on youtube, they are well written and funny, i watch more of man citys stuff than i do villas, the kolarov advent calender and the boring james milner stuff recently for example

seen that villa's dug out has youtube plastered all over it so im assuming that they are taking the plunge

There are very few media outlets who push video from their own servers. PremierTV aren't very good, but they are cheap.

Or a scalable service that can react to the load.

Or a scalable service that can react to the load.

What do you think I meant by CDN? :)

• Like 1

Ah, soz only registered youtube!

Exactly, it's not exactly rocket surgery in this day and age to sort out, there's also open source peer to peer stuff which whilst not common commercially would probably work a lot better than what they have.

• 3 weeks later...

Makes sense for me to follow up in this thread as I've said countless times that I've tried to get in touch with the club to get our views heard in regards to AVTV and our video content.

I've finally got through and should be meeting up at the club soon, so please guys, lets try and get something together in terms of what we'd like to see via the club's YouTube and so on. I think it is important that they know what it is we want to see and why we want it, I'd say Man City's YouTube channel is the best at doing what we all want so I'm using that as a basis for content.

Interviews, training videos, Q&A sessions with players? Any input would be good. 

alot of behind the scenes stuff... i think it can benefit the players and manager if the fans got to see more of them than just 90 minutes.. and not just shitty formal interviews with cliche answers. 

Personally i like seeing the day to day of what goes on at a football club. Our training facilities look amazing. Would love to see Delph go around the training ground with a microphone doing informal interviews with other players etc. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Makes sense for me to follow up in this thread as I've said countless times that I've tried to get in touch with the club to get our views heard in regards to AVTV and our video content.

I've finally got through and should be meeting up at the club soon, so please guys, lets try and get something together in terms of what we'd like to see via the club's YouTube and so on. I think it is important that they know what it is we want to see and why we want it, I'd say Man City's YouTube channel is the best at doing what we all want so I'm using that as a basis for content.

Interviews, training videos, Q&A sessions with players? Any input would be good.

hasn't something like this been done before only for them at the time to do nothing about it? Could be wrong. My suggestion would be to echo the above; more behind the scenes footage, we keep being told a lot is changing in the background so it's time fans got a real insight.

The new YouTube stuff seems pretty decent. Hope they keep that up.

Yep, agreed. Seems like that is to be the new direction of all video content. Meeting is now arranged and I'll report back tomorrow, hopefully with good news. Again if anybody has input in regards to AVTV, our YouTube and so on, keep it coming. For too long we've looked ridiculously amateur and I'm going to try my very best to get our views across.

Â