Jed Steer

samjp26

11 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Not a chance they will move Kalinic n when he only signed in January.

At the same time if Kalinic continues to sit on the bench, i don't know what wages he's on, but regardless he's wages is wasted and should be spent elsewhere if Steer remain as our number 1.

Edited by villalad21

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

At the same time if Kalinic continues to sit on the bench, i don't know what wages he's on, but regardless he's wages is wasted and should be spent elsewhere if Steer remain as our number 1.

isnt his contract up at the end of the season.

Can't really see why we busted a gut to get kalinic in at quite a high fee - I can only think the club thought he was really too good to miss - early but Kalinic looks only adequate so far - with Steer looking the better keeper.

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

isnt his contract up at the end of the season.

Can't really see why we busted a gut to get kalinic in at quite a high fee - I can only think the club thought he was really too good to miss - early but Kalinic looks only adequate so far - with Steer looking the better keeper.

Steer just looks so much more comfortable in this lague than Kalinic and Nyland. And we can't really afford to give them half a season get used to the league.

We have to give Steer another contract for me and make him our number 1, he deserved it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Steer just looks so much more comfortable in this lague than Kalinic and Nyland. And we can't really afford to give them half a season get used to the league.

We have to give Steer another contract for me and make him our number 1, he deserved it.

Agree - but don't see it happening. - further worries for me of the players brought in the jan window only mings looks decent - and he is probably beyond our reach for next season

I don't think he looks better than Kalinic at all.

He did fine yesterday. but he wasn't really tested. There were several set pieces he could have come and claimed but stayed on his line.

Didn't do anything wrong but I still fail to see why there is a section of the fanbase who think he should be our number 1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He did fine yesterday. but he wasn't really tested. There were several set pieces he could have come and claimed but stayed on his line.

Didn't do anything wrong but I still fail to see why there is a section of the fanbase who think he should be our number 1.

I would agree he makes a good backup to Kalinic and makes a better claim than the other keepers we have but for me not quite number 1 material just yet, that said he could potentially make it as our number 1 one day.

55 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Kalinic - Steer would be a good combo for next year.

Goes to show that when Smith said "Competition" he meant it.

When he first mentioned competition for goalkeeping spots I thought it was bollox as usual. lol

He is pretty fair with his selections with players. Their spots to lose.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I think you are correct, I think Kalinic is the better goalkeeper, we’re not going to pay £7m for a goalkeeper and leave him on the bench. Steer is more than adequate back up as he showed yesterday, I don’t think he’s good enough to be our no.1

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Right you are 

Nyland and Kalinic might be better shot stoppers, but you can't deny the fact that Steer has had a positive effect on the defence.

Smith have already praised the way Steer communicate with the defence. Communication with your defenders is pretty important for a keeper, i don't see defenders doing any mistakes now compared to before and i think Steer is a reason for that.

If a defender doesn't trust his keeper he is more likely to do errors. Just look at Elmo, when Nyland played he made errors every week, but  when Steer has played Elmo has actually been alright.

Edited by villalad21

Only criticism I have of him is that he doesn't come off his line often enough. SHA were pumping in balls non stop towards the end and he could have relieved a lot of the pressure off of the defence by claiming those high balls a couple of times. I fear if we didn't have such beasts in defence we would have almost certainly conceded, and we almost did...twice.

Â