Jed Steer

samjp26

On 19/03/2019 at 07:30, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s criminal that this guy was loaned out when our keepers were Nyland and Bunn. 

Same bloke who sent Elphick out while jedinak was starting at cb. 

Shocking decisions. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The Number 1 for the world cup runners up :D 

What do you mean number 1?

Subasic is their number 1 as far as i know. In fact i think he's their 3rd choice goalkeeper

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Pretty obvious he was trying to get sacked in hindsight.

I still beleive it was attempts to spite the fans by stripping the defence but loading the squad with attacking players. He even managed to convince a young French kid that a big money move to Villa was a mistake. 

He has had the last laugh with his payoff and new role really yet many seem to really admire the man.

But we’ve been been over this enough. 

Keeping in topic. I like Steer. He has earned his place and deserves to keep it.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

What do you mean number 1?

Subasic is their number 1 as far as i know. In fact i think he's their 3rd choice goalkeeper

Subasic has retired.

Kalinic is now their number 1.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Having your #1 keeper be a back up on a championship team...and that #1 is Steer.

Man Croatia. 

That is actually kind of sad, but Kalinic can only blame himself.

Steer has played better than him.

On 21/03/2019 at 08:13, Dante_Lockhart said:

You could argue Steer looks better in goal because of the improved defence. He's not as under pressure as Nyland / Kalinic were during their tenure.

Us fans at villa are so used to a manager being here and putting his faverites in and alienating the rest. It's hard to realize at times that we actually have a coach who makes our players compete for there places,  the way it should be..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HAL said:

Would steer look any good if he was behind the defence we started the season with ?. Only reason he looks so good currently is because our defence is superb

To be honest most times I’ve saw him he’s always very well positioned so the shots others would make look harder to save he makes it look a bit easier because of his positioning.

2 hours ago, HAL said:

Would steer look any good if he was behind the defence we started the season with ?. Only reason he looks so good currently is because our defence is superb

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say it's probably not the "only reason". 

• Like 1

Didnt Steer show a few weaknesses at the beginning of the season or in Pre Season behind the suspect defense?

Going out on loan this time might have improved him so we are seeing an all improved Steer compared to last August.

51 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Didnt Steer show a few weaknesses at the beginning of the season or in Pre Season behind the suspect defense?

Going out on loan this time might have improved him so we are seeing an all improved Steer compared to last August.

He was sold short by Jedinkak in one game, I don't blame him for that, I do remember him making some amazing saves though

Â