Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

nearly 60 goals conceded in Serie A last season and Roma were terrible in defence. I am sure CIaran Clark and Dummett will be just fine

Clark will really enjoy playing out from the back, lots of experience at club and country doing this. He will take to it like a duck to water

15 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Roberto Martinez with Henry would be hilarious… 

That’s my hope. Absolute fraud of a manager that is somehow highly regarded in the game. 

When you can’t organise a defence and your defence is C Clark, it spells disaster. 

4 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

I'd give it to Dyche for two years. He'd get them to 10th.

That would probably be the most sensible appointment they could make and would stabilise the club before they start their crazy spending spree. However, I think the suggestions on here are looking for some entertainment leading to their relegation in May

They're going to have to be quite careful in who they appoint, if they aren't bold enough, then it will hurt the 'project'.

Right now there are a load of agents with very good players on their books who know that Newcastle are a risk. "It's going to take a while for them to be successful, so do I park my player at Southampton for a couple of seasons and wait and see, or do I somehow persuade him to go there for the wages and the money I can make right now?"

Those agents are looking for signs that Newcastle are the real deal, so that they will be able to point at some of the things they're doing and then sell the club to their player - the manager they put in place will be one of those things. 

At the moment, Newcastle are actually nothing more than a relegation threatened club in the very North of England who might have the potential to be a big club - the appointment of a manager like Eddie Howe for example, won't give them enough of a wow to convince players that the clubs is already what they will be in the future and not what they are now and might be for a couple of years yet.

Newcastle could do with appointing the biggest name they can find - as a statement of intent and a message to agents and players.

Zidane?

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They're going to have to be quite careful in who they appoint, if they aren't bold enough, then it will hurt the 'project'.

Right now there are a load of agents with very good players on their books who know that Newcastle are a risk. "It's going to take a while for them to be successful, so do I park my player at Southampton for a couple of seasons and wait and see, or do I somehow persuade him to go there for the wages and the money I can make right now?"

Those agents are looking for signs that Newcastle are the real deal, so that they will be able to point at some of the things they're doing and then sell the club to their player - the manager they put in place will be one of those things. 

At the moment, Newcastle are actually nothing more than a relegation threatened club in the very North of England who might have the potential to be a big club - the appointment of a manager like Eddie Howe for example, won't give them enough of a wow to convince players that the clubs is already what they will be in the future and not what they are now and might be for a couple of years yet.

Newcastle could do with appointing the biggest name they can find - as a statement of intent and a message to agents and players.

Zidane?

It doesnt matter who they get as manager they are going to find it very difficult to get really good players in Jan. The best players will get big money at whatever club they sign for. Why would they sign for Toon with the risk of having to spend some time in the Championship? The better players will wait about 18 months before signing for Toon. They will be left with ageing players of massive contracts that the club will never be able to sell and will have to let them see out their contract up there. 

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I mean I try to forget his tenure with us but seriously?

"Bruce – previously in charge of Sheffield United, Huddersfield, Birmingham, Crystal Palace, Wigan, Sunderland, Hull and Sheffield Wednesday – has indicated he regards this as the right moment to retire."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/20/steve-bruce-leaves-newcastle-united-as-new-owners-hunt-for-manager

That's literally every team he has ever managed, except us :lol: I applaud the shithousery tbh.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Zidane?

Well let's ask some basic questions to see if he's a good fit for the Geordies;

1. Can he speak English? - No, perfect fit.

2. Used to wear a black and white stripey shirt? - Yes. Perfect fit

3. Can Chris Waddle pronounce his name correctly? - No. Perfect fit.

4. Has he got any experience at all of getting a struggling club out of the relegation zone in a foreign league? No. Perfect fit.

5. Is he used, as a manager, to the people above deciding what's going to happen even if it's stupid?  - Yes. Perfect fit.

5/5! Hurrah -  Zizu for the Toon.

He'd be a disaster.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

Well let's ask some basic questions to see if he's a good fit for the Geordies;

1. Can he speak English? - No, perfect fit.

2. Used to wear a black and white stripey shirt? - Yes. Perfect fit

3. Can Chris Waddle pronounce his name correctly? - No. Perfect fit.

4. Has he got any experience at all of getting a struggling club out of the relegation zone in a foreign league? No. Perfect fit.

5. Is he used, as a manager, to the people above deciding what's going to happen even if it's stupid?  - Yes. Perfect fit.

5/5! Hurrah -  Zizu for the Toon.

He'd be a disaster.

Absolutely as a coach he'd be a disaster - they need to go out and find coaches and recruitment people who can get them out of the situation they're in.

But as a manager, they need a big face they can stick on the front of everything that gives the impression that this actually is a whopping great massive footballing colossus and shouldn't be judged as a struggling team.

There's a balance somewhere that Zidane definitely doesn't hit, but neither the Geordies nor the Saudi's are known for their strict adherence to reality.

They probably need two managers, one for now and one for the summer - or maybe just two managers, each focused on a different part of the job.

How about a Zidane/Howe dream team? 😆

• Like 1

Â