Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Said long before Newcastle takeover PL and actually all big football leagues need to adopt salary cap system like they have in NRL and other sports. Would put a cap on ridiculous wages some clubs pay players for one. Unfortunately that horse has long bolted

You could have a totality salary cap, yeah.

I actually think FFP should just be removed and if you have wealthy owners who can gift the club £300m, then so be it.  Just as long as the amount is gifted and not held against the club to be repaid.

3 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Wonder how much the future ‘Saudi Tourist Board’ or Saudia Airlines will pay for their 5 year ‘strategic’ deal that will encompass stadium development and everything. 

Stadium development is outside the scope of P&S. They can spend a Billion on a new stadium this season if they want and still comply with P&S rules

that horse has bolted, you would need the starting point of the highest team which at the moment is man utd

and the proposed salary cap is only based on revenue anyway so the problem will get worse not better, any kind of cap that says man utd can spend more than us can **** right off

and i think football has a slightly different problem, the time to introduce the salary cap was when man city bought scott sinclair, one of mid table swansea's best players, paid him £60k a week and then didnt even register him in the 25 man squad, chelsea shouldnt be able to sign 50 youngsters and loan them all out, man city shouldnt be able to have a world cup winner on £200k a week as their 3rd choice left back averaging 10 games a year

it almost needs to be inadvertently like what PSG have done where they are top heavy, neymar, messi and mbappe up front results in rafinha, herrera and danilo in midfield and the constant losing of their best youngsters, the cap should result in squad management where teams cant be £50m+ international players 3 deep in every position, injuries and european games become actual problems

• Like 1

Wayne Rooney interested in the Newcastle job, please make this happen. Guess plenty will be interested, the holier than thou good people, even the best of them would still walk over glass for big money, bet Jack wished he'd waited a little longer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicho said:

She is surely just a face and if she is actually running the club then I think it’s doomed to fail

She is not the CEO so she is not running the club. Like when NSWE bought us it takes a bit of time to get the corporate governance and structure in place before they can start managing the club properly to try and push up the league. The problem for them is that soon after buying the club they could find themselves relegated while soon after buying Villa NSWE found us getting promotion.

If they do go down there will be no guarantee of immediate promotion. Championship is very tough, FFP rules are stiffer to P&S and it will be difficult to attract good players. It will be enjoyable to watch it unfold from a 'neutral' perspective 

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I didn't realise that. Bloody madness

swansea finished 11th in his last proper year with them, he played 38 games starting 35 of them scoring 8 goals

3 starts year 1 and 1 of them he was subbed at half time, played 190 minutes in the league for man city, out of squad year 2 and 3 (loans to us and baggies)

that is what has to be stopped

lingard and tuanzebe at utd, patrick roberts at man city, take your pick at chelsea...thats what has to stop, thats the only reason i can see for a salary cap, i dont personally see a problem with de bruyne getting paid £400k a week, its the quality that they can afford to pay but not play that needs to be balanced across the league

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

lingard and tuanzebe at utd

I agree it has to be stopped but the players chase the money. Tuanzebe signed a contract extension with Utd the week he came to us on loan. If he really wanted to further his career he would have told Utd to stick the contract and tried to get a permanent deal with Villa. He also signed a contract extension just before we signed him on loan about 3 years ago. Any thoughts that Villa fans have that Tuanzebe is 'one of us' are rubbish. He is after the cash and not looking for a career in Claret & Blue. 

• Like 1

The danger is we get a situation here like in Spain where the clubs are simply too big to fail. Billions of debt but operational. Barcelona’s overall salary is lower than clubs like Villarreal - but it hasn’t stopped the actual issue. This is a superficial way to try and stop something they knew to be morally wrong to begin with.

Maybe the grand plan is to be relegated and announce the major sponsorship under EFL rules instead 😉

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i actually prefer that

scrap FFP, scrap the need for etoro and monster and whoever else we've got as a partner

let the owners have a pissing contest with their grotesque riches, its fairer than man utd spending more than us because team viewer pays them more than cazoo pay us

there is and will always be the chance that another billionaire will want to buy us and throw money at us, there is no **** chance at all that our revenue will overtake utds, its impossible, but utds billionaire doesnt want to throw money at them so ours isnt allowed to either, its bullshit

i think we could be more competitive with no FFP, i think our owners will have more of a stomach for that pissing contest than utd and liverpools, definitely more than arsenal and spurs 

No the 'fairest' way is if teams generate their own income based on how well they are run and how many fans they attract.

Sponsors pay Man U more than us because their product will get a bigger audience, the same why sponsors pay us more than they pay a team like Accrington Stanley for example.

Having a sugar daddy like we do is the only way to compete in a league of sugar daddies but it would be better if there was no money put in other than what the clubs themselves rightfully earnt on their own merit.  

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

No the 'fairest' way is if teams generate their own income based on how well they are run and how many fans they attract.

Sponsors pay Man U more than us because their product will get a bigger audience, the same why sponsors pay us more than they pay a team like Accrington Stanley for example.

Having a sugar daddy like we do is the only way to compete in a league of sugar daddies but it would be better if there was no money put in other than what the clubs themselves rightfully earnt on their own merit.  

completely disagree, that will only ever result in a status quo

we're trying to catch man utd, a team with revenue's around £500m more than ours whilst they continually sign bigger deals than we ever can, with market value increases and market shares any thing that we do utd can go bigger, we sign a £100m adidas deal then man utds is worth £150m

no matter how well NSWE and purslow run us our pillow partnership deal will not be as big as man utds, thats a fact, we can not earn as much as man utd, its impossible

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

the worst thing about this vote is that until this happened it was perfectly above board and within the bounds of FFP. everyone knew this is how city were getting around the rules but it was perfectly above board. i'm just amazed it's taken so long

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

and i think football has a slightly different problem, the time to introduce the salary cap was when man city bought scott sinclair, one of mid table swansea's best players, paid him £60k a week and then didnt even register him in the 25 man squad, chelsea shouldnt be able to sign 50 youngsters and loan them all out, man city shouldnt be able to have a world cup winner on £200k a week as their 3rd choice left back averaging 10 games a year

That wont be for very long

• Like 1

‘Kick it out’ asking for Newcastle fans to not wear headscarf type attire.

I understand and accept that racism can be inadvertent and sometimes through misguided good intentions but does this fall into that category and does ‘Kick it out’ need to be wading in? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

I'd love it if decisions on managers and transfers are ultimately made by the crown prince and all the wrong people come into the club, like Rooney 

Yeah hopefully they are not smart and hire a DOF.

Amanda making all the decisions would be optimal.

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

‘Kick it out’ asking for Newcastle fans to not wear headscarf type attire.

I understand and accept that racism can be inadvertent and sometimes through misguided good intentions but does this fall into that category and does ‘Kick it out’ need to be wading in? 

personally for me yes it does, even if its really leaning on national stereotypes rather than necessarily the colour of their skin

it takes a proper muppet to stick a tea towel on their head at a football match, it is pretty embarrassing that someone somewhere has to step forward and tell grown men that its not a good idea

but at the same time if we got bought out by a french billionaire and all turned up in berets waving baguettes around would there be a fuss?

Â