Christian Benteke

Kwan

Even though he scored the winning goal, I don't think he had a great game. His hold up play was poor by his standard, but acceptable considering his layoff.

I look forward to him getting fully match fit and hopefully saving our season.

Considering how much time we spent defending their onslaught, I think he had a bloody good game.

Even though he scored the winning goal, I don't think he had a great game. His hold up play was poor by his standard, but acceptable considering his layoff.

Considering how much time we spent defending their onslaught, I think he had a bloody good game.

You're more than welcome to your opinion.

Barry Bannan

A truly great football player, a fantastic find for this club and it's just a shame we didn't find him during a different part of our history.

I think it's very important that he's here st this time in our history. He's essentially keeping the club afloat. I smell a statue.

Never thought of that before - that's an interesting angle.

Thank **** for Tekkers. Can anyone honestly think of a more talented Villa player from the past 30 years?

Barry Bannan.

dead-horse.gif

Edited by Czechlad
  • Like 1

It was a great finish, using the defender as a shield to place the ball in the corner and giving the goalkeeper no chance. Hopefully the first of quite a few goals for him this season.

One of the best finds in premiership history.

Think he will end up at a top team in world football.

Pretty much this.  £7.5m for Benteke is right up there with £3m for Laursen in terms of best Villa transfer in the PL (Premier League, not Lambert) era - possibly ever :o

• Like 2

Why is that PaulC? Would you like him to be sold at the end of the season or something?
Why is that PaulC? Would you like him to be sold at the end of the season or something?[/quote ) No self - respecting Villa fan wants to see Benteke sold , but it's a forgone conclusion that he will . I think he will eventually end up at Chelsea , he possesses all the qualities reqired for Mourinihos' taste .

Remember you heard it here first .

You're more than welcome to your opinion.

I know what you're saying, in terms of what Benteke can offer he wasn't stunning.

I will say though that his touch when getting free was fantastic and really helped us, that little defending run in the 83rd minute example how different he is, a monster with superb technique.

Then we have his passing, a few midfielders didn't play the cross field ball to relieve the pressure but in midfield Tekkers has the confidence to do it, or play a short pass while committing a defender.

His heading was great too, you could argue not enough flicked on to the support but he was under a lot of pressure, all game, and I think he did a good job pushing the opposition back with his head as well as with his runs/dribbles.

That's what he's good at and as well as a brilliant goal he had a great game in the context of what we offered and his match fitness.

His natural talent sticks out like a sort thumb in our team.

Â