Christian Benteke

Kwan

@ mantis

Your post started: 'if were going purely on goals/games ratio'. That makes it pretty hard to interpret your argument in any other way than that being your only evidence.

It's not so much that your only going on the goals/games ratio but more the fact your going on the goals/games ratio for villa.

Benteke won't be gone next Summer unless we get a huge bid for him. He's under contract for 2 more years from then so we've no worries with that regard.

I think anything over £20 million will probably get him.

He won't want to waste another year here and we'll get even less the following summer if we force him to stay.

Problem is that money has to replace vkaar, delph and benteke.

Impossible task IMO.

Not if we hire Crystal Palace scouts

The ones who signed  Andy Johnson, Haangeland, James MCarthur, Campbell, Jimmy Kebe, Bannan, Chamakh, Marriappa, Guediora, AJ, Kevin Doyle, Hennessey?

Nah, you're alright mate.

I think you know what players I speak of, and Chamakh is actually one of them.

@ mantis

Your post started: 'if were going purely on goals/games ratio'. That makes it pretty hard to interpret your argument in any other way than that being your only evidence.

It's not so much that your only going on the goals/games ratio but more the fact your going on the goals/games ratio for villa.

That's why I said "if" - I think it's important but not the only evidence.

I'm only going on Villa because Benteke's only just turned 24. When he does eventually move to a bigger club I think he'll score even more than he does now.

I think the Yorke v Benteke debate is one for later in the big man's career. He hasn't achieved anything as yet...

Yet. But he absolutely will, I am surprised that is in question. He got **** all service on Tuesday and he can be very inconsistent during any given match, but then he does something like that and it takes your breath away.

That goal was phenomenal, it's testament to the man that it didn't really surprise me. Though it's been a long time I've half gotten used to him doing things like that. It's normal.

Best player we've had since Yorke. Better is completely subjective though, they are very different.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Benteke is BEST striker ever I see, since Yorke.

Benteke and Yorke both are equal best, all-round striker type:- I Love Benteke more that Yorkes cos his all-round skill ie hold up and assist and header, is better that Yorke, but Yorke more deadly all-round finisher and movement better that Benteke ( I know Goal ratio stats speak difference ) cos i been see Benteke missing some more sitter, which i rare see Yorke did sitter might i was bit young, my memory is blurry ) Yorke can assist goal some time but i can remember it is was coles ( andy coles for man utd) rare for us villa)

L.Nills should be our BEST striker unfortune his Leg snaped into half piece to force retired just few games  2 or 3 something like that , he is was BEST all-round striker and can finish EVERYWHERE!

Benteke, we need supply him more creative.

Lowton is only one regular crossing for him, and Benteke near goal or half chance, or look likely to make chance that defender clear up. all time near every time crossing in. that why we should play him regular desipte his defensive duty is poor..  (vs easy or equal level villa play him, strong team play hutton)

Coles will great supply for him, i really hopefully see coles back to play with him regular untill of this season.. Grealish could be good for him, if he is ready for this level.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84

What's his best? I'd probably go for west brom away closely followed by Norwich.

Gotta be Norwich last season for me, not just because of the goal but also the circumstances of the game. We were 1-0 down and were in really deep shit before he popped up out of nowhere with that and completely changed the game.

The WBA and Norwich goals were both fantastic. I also liked his header from a corner vs. Sunderland where he leapt at least 5 feet higher than anyone else. Not a cracking goal or anything, just his ability to get so much higher than any of the defenders.

It's not a goal but I always remember that dummy he did in the build up to Weimann's second goal at home to United. Not overly amazing but it did denote a some degree of awareness and understanding. It was the moment I first suspected that he could have something special about him. The performance at Anfield a month later confirmed it.

Â