Christian Benteke

Kwan

Tough to say at the moment. I think maybe Yorke is better at the moment. Games like last night Yorke would have beaten players and took the pressure off a bit more.

Yorke also handled the pressure of playing for a huge club, I think benteke will as well but don't know that just yet.

Too early to compare yorke to Benteke! Yorke achieved a hell of a lot and was one of the top strikers in Europe when at united.

However, Benteke is without dout head and shoulders above Carew.

The goal is very good.

Truly phenomanal is a bit ott tho IMO.

Benteke has been the best player we have had in my time of supporting the club imo (18 years). I am shocked he is still with us to be honest, the guy is going to do big things and its been a pleasure to see him play for us. Seems a really good guy too, I know he wanted to leave in the past but he was badly advised by his agent. When playing for us he has given us nothing but his best.

I would be very surprised if he stays beyond this season, which is saddening but the truth is he's not just an Spurs/Everton level player he's one of the best strikers in the world when fit and its really hard to keep a player like that we are such a poor team.

Apart from his finishing and temperament, I can't see a flaw in his game.

His touch, dribbling (for a striker of his size), heading ability, strength etc can't be beaten as a whole package. There are not many strikers in the league I'd have over him tbh. Aguero stands out as one of the few. Costa of course is a predator as well.

That is a truly phenomenal goal

All in one you have physicality, pace, confidence, finishing ability, awareness, trickery .

Awesome

Not to mention, the whole time he's running towards goal he's got his head up looking to see if anyone's in a better position than him. You can see the moment where he decides, "Nope, it's all me" and BOOM.

Benteke has been the best player we have had in my time of supporting the club imo (18 years). I am shocked he is still with us to be honest, the guy is going to do big things and its been a pleasure to see him play for us. Seems a really good guy too, I know he wanted to leave in the past but he was badly advised by his agent. When playing for us he has given us nothing but his best.

I would be very surprised if he stays beyond this season, which is saddening but the truth is he's not just an Spurs/Everton level player he's one of the best strikers in the world when fit and its really hard to keep a player like that we are such a poor team.

Apart from his finishing and temperament, I can't see a flaw in his game.

His touch, dribbling (for a striker of his size), heading ability, strength etc can't be beaten as a whole package. There are not many strikers in the league I'd have over him tbh. Aguero stands out as one of the few. Costa of course is a predator as well.

His touch can be absolutely appalling at times.

Agree with the rest of your post tho

Reading back, the posts regarding Benteke being much better than yorke are just ludicrous.

Way too early to compare, and the only reason I can see why ppl would make such wild claims is bitterness towards yorke for going onto the bigger n better things that he deserved. Dwight yorke was absolutely outstanding.

Too early to compare yorke to Benteke! Yorke achieved a hell of a lot and was one of the top strikers in Europe when at united.

However, Benteke is without dout head and shoulders above Carew.

The goal is very good.

Truly phenomanal is a bit ott tho IMO.

I don't know, Carew in his Valencia days were unplayable. Benteke needs more years before we can start to compare him to Carew. Carew were good for us yes, but for Valencia and Lyon he were a machine.

Alot of you are happy with lambert playing this type of football to get the odd result and keep us in the league, which is great. But the negative is, we are even less likely to keep Benteke if we continue to play this awful defensive style.  I think he looked frustrated after the game and its getting me worried already. He needs the service, its no good him feeding of scraps every game to score, he will never be happy with this.

Im gonna be blunt, were shite last night, the only shining light being our man Benteke, who to be fair would keep Burnley in the league.

Edited by foreveryoung

Alot of you are happy with lambert playing this type of football to get the odd result and keep us in the league, which is great. But the negative is, we are even less likely to keep Benteke if we continue to play this awful defensive style.  I think he looked frustrated after the game and its getting me worried already. He needs the service, its no good him feeding of scraps every game to score, he will never be happy with this.

Im gonna be blunt, were shite last night, the only shining light being our man Benteke, who to be fair would keep Burnley in the league.

Yep, pretty much. A reason why Benteke didn't play particulary well was that he didn't get any service. He had to do EVERYTHING on his own, and he actually did. Seems like our approach, or Lambert's i should say is "Give the big guy the ball and let's see what happens".

Â