Christian Benteke

Kwan

We'd have definitelyy got fourth if we'd had him (at his age now) in O'Neill's team.

What, and dropped proven England international Heskey for some Belgian upstart? Belgium isn't even in the UK for crying out loud!

Well now you mention it, it could've actually been Falcao, but that's another discussion entirely.  MON out!

• Like 1

Absolute world class striker.

But what do we do next year? We rely on him for so much.

I can't see lerner investing the money we get for him fully and i don't think many clubs would be able to find a replacement for him easily.

A truly great football player, a fantastic find for this club and it's just a shame we didn't find him during a different part of our history.

I think it's very important that he's here st this time in our history. He's essentially keeping the club afloat. I smell a statue.

• Like 1

A truly great football player, a fantastic find for this club and it's just a shame we didn't find him during a different part of our history.

I think it's very important that he's here st this time in our history. He's essentially keeping the club afloat. I smell a statue.

Never thought of that before - that's an interesting angle.

Thank **** for Tekkers. Can anyone honestly think of a more talented Villa player from the past 30 years?

• Like 1

It makes me so angry that we're going to lose a player as good as him, just because Lerner doesn't want to invest a bit more in the team. It wouldn't take 30/40/50m of investment. It would just take an extra £8-12m on top of the pittance that Lambert gets, for him to spend it on 2 or 3 decent players to give us a fighting chance of not looking constantly shit.

It makes me so angry that we're going to lose a player as good as him, just because Lerner doesn't want to invest a bit more in the team. It wouldn't take 30/40/50m of investment. It would just take an extra £8-12m on top of the pittance that Lambert gets, for him to spend it on 2 or 3 decent players to give us a fighting chance of not looking constantly shit.

While I think you could make that case with regards to Delph and Vlaar, I don't think there's anything anybody can do about keeping Benteke at the club long term. He is clearly good enough for a CL team and it's hard to stop that sort of talent from rising to the top.

Time to just accept the man is a huge influence on the team, not to mention he's an astounding goal scorer.

If he was permanently not in the team we'd have 30 million of footballing talent in the side instead. 

While I think you could make that case with regards to Delph and Vlaar, I don't think there's anything anybody can do about keeping Benteke at the club long term. He is clearly good enough for a CL team and it's hard to stop that sort of talent from rising to the top.

I agree Benteke belongs at a club that makes CL quarter finals

Barry Bannan

Never thought of that before - that's an interesting angle.

Thank **** for Tekkers. Can anyone honestly think of a more talented Villa player from the past 30 years?

Barry Bannan.

Â