Christian Benteke

Kwan

After tonight's debacle I thought it couldn't get any worst, but it has, least we have the international break to take up some of the time he is out. He is set to miss the games against City, Hull, Spuds, Everton and possibly West Spam. Time for either Kozak or Helenius to step up.

Looking at it he could be back for spurs (even if it's the bench).

Hull will fancy it now when we go there without him. Kozak has done nothing to impress me. Maybe move andi in the middle and give Marc the wing? Just a thought.

So he's out for 6 weeks is this correct?

That's what BBC Sport says, but judging from the reactions in this thread you'd think it was 6 months.

I mean, him being out for a month/6 weeks is bad and all but it's not like he's out for the rest of the season. Some people really need to get a grip and stop overreacting to everything.

Edited by Mantis

That's what BBC Sport says, but judging from the reactions in this thread you'd think it was 6 months.

I mean, him being out for a month/6 weeks is bad and all but it's not like he's out for the rest of the season. Some people really need to get a grip and stop overreacting to everything.

OMG! I can't believe you've written this Mantis! I'm absolutely shocked, I think this is like the most shocked I've ever been and it's probably the most most outrageous comment ever made in the history of Villatalk!!!

• Like 4

OMG! I can't believe you've written this Mantis! I'm absolutely shocked, I think this is like the most shocked I've ever been and it's probably the most most outrageous comment ever made in the history of Villatalk!!!

I agree here. 

My WHOLE season is ruined now because of that comment from Mantis.

• Like 2

This is hardly the end of the world. Kozak was brought in for this very reason. We are not the same team as we were last season. Benteke is certainly our go to player, but I don't think we will suddenly become awful again without him. Put some faith in Kozak and Lambert. 

Hahahaha

• Like 1

Could turn out to be something we look back on in 2 months and think "christ, that didn't turn out as badly as we expected, did it"

Fact of the matter is that we need to get some game time without the guy, because he's unlikely to be here next season. Not exactly the ideal situation to get that experience in, but it was something that was going to happen sooner or later. Who knows, we might do alright without him

The injury he has can take anything from 2 to 6 weeks to heal. He's a fast healer according to Lambert, but I presume this is also a good chance to rest him a bit as he's been playing a lot. Get Kozak and Helenius in the middle with Weimann and Gabby on the sides and we'll still scare most teams backlines.  

This is hardly the end of the world. Kozak was brought in for this very reason. We are not the same team as we were last season. Benteke is certainly our go to player, but I don't think we will suddenly become awful again without him. Put some faith in Kozak and Lambert. 

I agree, I don't think we'll suddenly become awful, we'be been awful for most of the last three years.

• Like 1

Â