Christian Benteke

Kwan

It's not "lazy journalism" to focus on Benteke when talking about Villa. He's our best player by a country mile. It's all well and good saying Gabby has been playing well, but we don't depend on him the same way we depend on Benteke.

In as far as any team can be described as being a one-man team, we are a one-man team.

Did piss me off when the commentator said something along the lines of to prove how important Benteke is to Villa they havent won a PL game without him since he signed... hasn't he played in every single one?! Anyway that (dubious at best) stat can be put to bed tonight!

Did piss me off when the commentator said something along the lines of to prove how important Benteke is to Villa they havent won a PL game without him since he signed... hasn't he played in every single one?! Anyway that (dubious at best) stat can be put to bed tonight!

Incredibly, no NBA finalist has ever won Wimbledon! 

He has been great for us, but  I am getting increasingly annoyed that all media basically can only identify 1 player with Villa, which is Benteke, and do not talk about anyone else. Its just lazy journalism. Gabby has been great for us since the turn of the year as well and barely gets a mention. Its like 'martin o'neils aston villa' all over again. Unless we look like we are going down or pushing for Europe, Villa does not exist in the hacks simple minds. Don't get me wrong he has been brilliant for us but the next month we have to prove to all that we are more than just one really good player.

it isnt benteke's fault the whole media concentrate on him. :(

If Benteke wasn't so brilliant it wouldn't be a problem. It's not the beasts fault that he is world class is it?

I don't think that's what he meant at all.

Epitome of lazy journalism.

Incredibly, no NBA finalist has ever won Wimbledon! 

Guess they missed the Norwich game then

I think the win against Citeh will in a strange way make Benteke even better when he comes back.

Heres why. Benteke has been so good since he came here that he could have been forgiven for thinking that Villa were nothing without him and that without him in the side we'd be useless. After all, he has scored a higher percentage of goals for us than any other striker for any other side in the Premier League since his arrival. His confidence in his own ability might have meant that he slightly under-estimated the ability of his team-mates. But now that he has seen that we haven't fallen apart in his absence and that there is a bit about this squad, it might give him a renewed respect for the ability of his team-mates and also a renewed respect for what the manager is doing here. You never know. He might see his team-mates now even more so as peers rather than as water-carriers. Maybe the best is yet to come.

I was thinking the same thing myself though who knows if Benteke was ever thinking that way.

I think the win against Citeh will in a strange way make Benteke even better when he comes back.

Heres why. Benteke has been so good since he came here that he could have been forgiven for thinking that Villa were nothing without him and that without him in the side we'd be useless. After all, he has scored a higher percentage of goals for us than any other striker for any other side in the Premier League since his arrival. His confidence in his own ability might have meant that he slightly under-estimated the ability of his team-mates. But now that he has seen that we haven't fallen apart in his absence and that there is a bit about this squad, it might give him a renewed respect for the ability of his team-mates and also a renewed respect for what the manager is doing here. You never know. He might see his team-mates now even more so as peers rather than as water-carriers. Maybe the best is yet to come.

Absolutely top post.

Benteke will also miss the final 2 world cup qualifiers and Lukaku and Mirallas will replace him in the Belgian team. If those 2 happen to have a really good game, they could potentially keep their place, and so Benteke will have to do extremely well at club level to get back in the national side. As highly as we rate him, fans of other clubs still don't rate him as highly as we do, and the Belgian coach is probably not sure who is better out of Lukaku and Benteke.

Another reason why Benteke will come back from injury better.

Benteke will also miss the final 2 world cup qualifiers and Lukaku and Mirallas will replace him in the Belgian team. If those 2 happen to have a really good game, they could potentially keep their place, and so Benteke will have to do extremely well at club level to get back in the national side. As highly as we rate him, fans of other clubs still don't rate him as highly as we do, and the Belgian coach is probably not sure who is better out of Lukaku and Benteke.

Another reason why Benteke will come back from injury better.

He's still going to be a big part of the Belgium world cup squad. I still think hes the more complete player than Lukaku at the moment and the Belgium coach must rate him as he's first choice

Of course he is still going to be part of the Belgian squad, but Belgium only play 1 man up front, so will he be in the team? I think yes, but Lukaku is breathing down his neck for that 1 spot in the team, so he will need to keep his form for Villa up when he comes back from injury.

Interesting to see if we continue to get results without Benteke will he be brought back in right away?

Yes, I have absolutely no doubt that when Benteke comes back from injury he will walk back into the side, whether the replacements have done well or not.

Â