Christian Benteke

Kwan

Of course he is still going to be part of the Belgian squad, but Belgium only play 1 man up front, so will he be in the team? I think yes, but Lukaku is breathing down his neck for that 1 spot in the team, so he will need to keep his form for Villa up when he comes back from injury.

If Lukaku is the replacement and he scores a hatful of goals in the two games then Benteke's form for Villa will not get his place back it will be his performances for Belgium when he gets his chance off the bench prob.  Anyway your point is a good one. It will probably motivate him more I agree.

Watched his Nike interview earlier today. He speaks really good English now.

It won't be long before he gets a brummie twang.

He will be in the "peaky blinders" before long, if he does.

Benteke will also miss the final 2 world cup qualifiers and Lukaku and Mirallas will replace him in the Belgian team. If those 2 happen to have a really good game, they could potentially keep their place, and so Benteke will have to do extremely well at club level to get back in the national side. As highly as we rate him, fans of other clubs still don't rate him as highly as we do, and the Belgian coach is probably not sure who is better out of Lukaku and Benteke.

Another reason why Benteke will come back from injury better.

From what I've read on other teams forums over the summer they generally rate Benteke higher but are unsure who will be the best in a few years time, they're split on that. Of course after the Everton-Newcastle game knee-jerk opinions may be different but these kind of sways in opinion will alter game to game. If Benteke gets a brace in his next game and Lukaku has a quiet one it'll swing again. I don't personally think Lukaku will get to be first choice if he plays a good couple of games as Benteke's contribution over the entire qualifying has been pretty big

Would prefer if he didn't tbh, it's not like he's played the final game before internationals and we've claimed he's injured afterwards (as so many clubs do), he's genuinely injured so yes the Belgain doctor is well within his rights to come over to Bodymoor and have a look but I'd be amazed if he played in either Belgium game.

Belgium have already qualified for the 2014 WC, so with their boss (name eludes me) and Lambert being friends we might see some mutual understanding, him (Benteke) could be rested for the remaining games in the group qualifiers; they do still have Lukaku and Vossen after all :)

There should be no understanding, Benteke is injured.

Pretty sure since he's joined us he's played in pretty much all the Belgium games in that period including friendlies. It's hardly a Man. United and Ryan Giggs situation when they'd regularly pull him out of friendly games at the last minute.

Belgian twitterer posted this, this morning:

@HLNinEngeland: De kans bestaat dat Christian #Benteke alsnog fit geraakt voor 1 vd 2 interlands. Maandag meldt hij zich bij de Rode Duivels aan.

Anyone translate please?

it says: there is still a chanse benteke wil be recovered for 1 of the 2 qualify match he will be joining the belgium squad on monday.

Edited by Belgian guy

Benteke will also miss the final 2 world cup qualifiers and Lukaku and Mirallas will replace him in the Belgian team. If those 2 happen to have a really good game, they could potentially keep their place, and so Benteke will have to do extremely well at club level to get back in the national side. As highly as we rate him, fans of other clubs still don't rate him as highly as we do, and the Belgian coach is probably not sure who is better out of Lukaku and Benteke.

Another reason why Benteke will come back from injury better.

even when lukaku scores a hat trick benteke will always play over lukaku whens he's fit.

Belgium have already qualified for the 2014 WC, so with their boss (name eludes me) and Lambert being friends we might see some mutual understanding, him (Benteke) could be rested for the remaining games in the group qualifiers; they do still have Lukaku and Vossen after all :)

They haven't actually qualified yet.

True. They need 1pt from 2 games, so technically correct but doesn't change the point.

If they get a point against Croatia they qualify. So if they don't loose that then the wales game becomes irrelevant so there would be no point him playing in that one and risking his fitness. My feeling is he might be on the bench for the important Croatia game.

Belgian twitterer posted this, this morning:

@HLNinEngeland: De kans bestaat dat Christian #Benteke alsnog fit geraakt voor 1 vd 2 interlands. Maandag meldt hij zich bij de Rode Duivels aan.

Anyone translate please?

it says: there is still a chanse benteke wil be recovered for 1 of the 2 qualify match he will be joining the belgium squad on monday.

No offense but I hope not. The only positive about his injury was that it coincided with the international break and so he would get extra rest. I know he loves playing for his country but his country can qualify without him :)

Being called up and playing are not the same thing, though. Belgium have assembled a very good squad, with a decent shout of a good World Cup and maybe they just want to build on that team spirit?

• Like 1

Â