Christian Benteke

Kwan

Yes but Lambert was suggesting Tuesday may be too soon but Saturday he may be ok. Hip Flexor problem, guess he will have a scan tomorrow to see if its more serous than just bruising. shouldn't be as bad a groin strain though and hes a quick healer so hopefull he will be back for Sarturday.

I'd leave him on the bench and start Kozak against Man City. It would be reckless to send him out there thinking he's fit and possibly make the injury worse. We can't out-score City. What's needed against is a strong defensive performance and Benteke is our player least involved in that so we can do without him for at least 60 minutes.

I'd leave him on the bench and start Kozak against Man City. It would be reckless to send him out there thinking he's fit and possibly make the injury worse. We can't out-score City. What's needed against is a strong defensive performance and Benteke is our player least involved in that so we can do without him for at least 60 minutes.

I would agree that if fit, starting him on the bench may not be a bad idea.

I'd disagree that we can't outscore them mind-We did so last season & have already outscored Arsenal this season. I think that the way we line up gives us an opportunity to outscore anyone. We seldom go for draws, no matter who the opposition & this is one aspect of supporting PL & the lads that gives me most pleasure.

Given the early stage of the season that we're at, I wouldn't want to risk Benteke in a game that is not crucial to us.

• Like 1

He seems to be football in general lacks, a true professional. He doesn't make a song and a dance about it when he's tackled, he carries on playing when most players would probably have gone off, and the determination to come back on that he was showing is something that's great to see, a young player who is eager to just do nothing but get up there and play (even though the fact that he was injured like that in the first place is a massive kick in the bell).

Let's wish him a speedy recovery from whatever it turns out to be and hope to see him banging them in left, right and centre again soon.

• Like 1

I hope the beast is available against Man City because we can approach this game tactically as if we are playing away from home & hit 'em on the break. It was noticeable yesterday how much we missed the pace & power of both Benteke & Agbonlahor after he was subbed.

Weimann, Agbonlahor & Tekkers look so menacing on the counter attack with yards of space to run into & exploit.

Well done Paul Lambert too for providing Kozak as a contingency for exactly the situation we now find ourselves in with the absence of the monster.

Benteke is our talisman & we need him back urgently as he is easily our very best & most important player.

Not sure if I will be able to sleep until I know the full extent of his injury.

Get well soon beast, your club & loyal supporters need you.

Edited by villa-revolution
  • Like 1

I hope the beast is available against Man City because we can approach this game tactically as if we are playing away from home & hit 'em on the break. It was noticeable yesterday how much we missed the pace & power of both Benteke & Agbonlahor after he was subbed.

Weimann, Agbonlahor & Tekkers look so menacing on the counter attack with yards of space to run into & exploit.

Well done Paul Lambert too for providing Kozak as a contingency for exactly the situation we now find ourselves in with the absence of the monster.

Benteke is our talisman & we need him back urgently as he is easily our very best & most important player.

Not sure if I will be able to sleep until I know the full extent of his injury.

Get well soon beast, your club & loyal supporters need you.

Yes we didn't have the same threat second half as we did first.

Â