Christian Benteke

Kwan

Without putting the commentators curse on him, i really think Benteke could start the season on fire, 3 in first 3.

One concern (tin hat on) is if he starts wells and Arsenal start poorly. It's well known Arsenal have been looking (and failing) to sign a striker all summer. Wengers done it in the past, where they have started poorly and panicked on transfer deadline day to sign someone (see Mikel Arteta, good player but Arsenal paid over the odds for him). If all that happened I wouldn't be surprised if a last minute £30m offer came in

There's zero chance of Arsenal signing Benteke.  A last minute punt on Bent might be more realistic, though.  

A Villa fan made it up as some kind of (stupid) joke and now all of twitter believes it.

Hopefully Benteke's injury is not too bad.Stretchered off with suspected broken leg.He improved the PL no end last season.Get well soon

@Joey7Barton: That could be Villa down. Benteke stretchered off with suspected broken leg for Belgium tonight.

It is 100% not true. Blame @HarrySilk.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Look at Barton jumping straight on the bandwagon.

If Benteke went down for a lengthy period now we'd go on the hunt for another target man. He wouldn't be as good, but that wouldn't be us "down".

What kind of twatter makes something like that up? "Follow me! Follow me!"... Cu*t.

Â