Christian Benteke

Kwan

I'm glad he hasn't had the number 9 shirt tbh. If he has another good season, we'll probably get an offer that is too good to refuse next summer. I'd rather Helenius have that number 9 shirt for a number of years, than Benteke having it for just 1.

• Like 1

If he does'nt hit the ground running this season, then theres something seriously afoot. His attitude, demeanour and continuing ruthless streak, albeit in friendlies, must be making a lot of defenders watching him very nervous.

And what will the pricetag be come next May?

Let's not nibble please people, it ruins threads.

---

Mate of mine is a Leeds fan who loves Benteke, quite funny. He's convinced he's going to be one of the best players in the world. I constantly try to play him down despite how good he clearly is just so I don't get carried away myself.

This season could be a career definer for him. He's got the rep now, can he deliver? No question for me he's better than players like Drogba and Ferdinand were at the same age, but can he progress? If he goes big, then has a decent WC, he can be looking at the very best teams in world football, not Spurs.

The present transfer window isn't closed yet.

Now, now.

Keyblade with rumours of a bid coming from Spurs should they sell Bale which has been reported in the media i will remember your smiley.

tumblrmkupyv2ik21rxok9e.jpg

And what will the pricetag be come next May?

nah wait till he's smashed the world cup too...

£25m will end up looking like a bargain, agree with whoever said its surprising no one other than spurs came sniffing, probably a good thing arsenal were after higuain and suarez*

* that should be "arsenal were appeasing their fans during season ticket renewals by linking themselves with players they have no intention of buying"

Keyblade with rumours of a bid coming from Spurs should they sell Bale which has been reported in the media i will remember your smiley.

Key word there.

Doesn't even make much sense anyway.

Edited by Mantis

They got all of their deals out of they way before selling Bale to avoid overpaying, except for Benteke obviously. :) Never mind that if cash flow was the issue they could have bought Benteke first (before he signed a contract and they signed Soldado) and saved themselves £10m+ because while his price has now shot up, they paid Soldado's release clause anyway.

Edited by ArteSuave

He is such a brilliant striker, he really is. He's no one season wonder.

In his last 21 games for Villa, (16 competitive, 5 friendly) he's scored 21 goals (14 competitive, 7 friendly).

That's an incredible stat.

• Like 3

It's going to be brilliant this season watching one of the best strikers in the league playing for us.

Always a privilege watching a Villa player being arguably the best player in his respective position in the league, I wouldn't consider Benteke the best but he must be in the top 5?

I considered Young during his peak of 07-09 as being the best left winger in the league and Laursen was certainly one of the better centre backs around in that period aswell.

Have to go back a while then, growing up I'd say GOD obviously, Yorke and Bosnich and maybe Southgate.

Â