Christian Benteke

Kwan

I watched Usain Bolt win the 100 m world title.... he did so at a canter, when all around him was pulling every sinew....He was so much in control, it was frightening.

I feel the same way about Benteke....If he is not "World class" now he soon will be. The boy is phenomenal, I've seen some great players in my time at Villa, but this boy is "Special"...he has everything in a centre forward.

Hope we keep him for about a hundred years....no exaggeration.

It just goes to show how everyone thinkS we are so self reliant on CB.... we need to sign someone like "Uche Nwofor".... not sure he is the one, but we must start looking for CB's replacement , now.

As they thought we were on Bent last year.

Lawrenson and Hansen are ex-Liverpool players, they diminish Aston Villa at any opportunity - including dissing our world class player - because now they're out of the top 4, we're their greatest threat.

• Like 3

Lawrenson and Hansen are ex-Liverpool players, they diminish Aston Villa at any opportunity - including dissing our world class player - because now they're out of the top 4, we're their greatest threat.

Con,  couldn't agree more sad old Dinosaurs, their comments are so predictable.

Even though Liverpool are out top four and not getting back into it, they still want to hold on to the "status" of Liverpool, as they perceive it. The way they do that is pretend a talented Aston Villa side doesn't exist. 

Even though Liverpool are out top four and not getting back into it, they still want to hold on to the "status" of Liverpool, as they perceive it. The way they do that is pretend a talented Aston Villa side doesn't exist. 

I don't think it's that. It probably has more to do with the fact they know shit all about football. Unfortunately even with Benteke I don't think we're quite Top 8 material just yet.

Con, couldn't agree more sad old Dinosaurs, their comments are so predictable.

Liverpool don't fear Aston Villa. What have you been smoking? Even our own fans think we will be lucky to finish 10th.

We won't be troubling Liverpool's league position.

Joey Barton is a loathsome scallywag. He should go back to copying and pasting philosophical quotes, thinking he's one of our generation's great thinkers, and leave his half baked opinions inside his empty head.

Agreed. Words cannot describe just how much of a word removed he is.

Slightly off-topic, but still about Benteke-ish. The first 2-3 minutes of this link really shows how terrible Mark Lawrenson is as a pundit, apparently can't get into a top 6 side, I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing for Real Madrid this time next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yva6PLMpkA

He's just so dismissiveness about it what a word I'm not allowed to say.

Edit: Kept watching the video it's amazing he's awful

Edited by Rovers13

Â