Christian Benteke

Kwan

Whilst I agree with everyone how incredibly important Benteke is for us, and his undoubted class. I've really started to get annoyed at how everyone makes it seemed that we are condemned to failure without him, Jesus so when he eventually goes should we just demote ourselves to the championship voluntarily? It''s also a big lack of respect to all the other players in the TEAM who also play vital roles.

Its pretty true though, without him we would be down the bottom again.

How do you know this?

Yeah, back down the bottom again? We haven't left the bottom places yet, we could still be there next season.

What are you talking about? We are 2nd  :P

• Like 4

Just by watching the games.

It's not like if we didn't have Benteke we'd be playing with 10 men.

Well when we played Bent up front in this team thats exactly what was happening. 

Not really, but so what? If we'd sold Benteke to Spurs do you really think Lambert wouldn't have brought in a replacement?

Just by watching the games.

It's not like if we didn't have Benteke we'd be playing with 10 men.

Well when we played Bent up front in this team thats exactly what was happening. 

Not really, but so what? If we'd sold Benteke to Spurs do you really think Lambert wouldn't have brought in a replacement?

Of course he would but we would be lucky to get somebody with half the ability as Benteke.

Of course he would but we would be lucky to get somebody with half the ability as Benteke.

Yeah but that doesn't mean we'd be struggling down the bottom again. The team is a lot more settled now and while Benteke is crucial I don't think we're a one-man team by any stretch of imagination.

Yeah but that doesn't mean we'd be struggling down the bottom again. The team is a lot more settled now and while Benteke is crucial I don't think we're a one-man team by any stretch of imagination.

We are pretty much as big a one man team as there is in the league. We are in the same braket as Spurs with Bale and Suarez with Liverpool. One star player with the rest of the squad acting as supporting cast.

While we can't possibly know for sure, it is the kind of thing that is definitely possible to the extent I certainly wouldn't like to find out for sure. I dread to think what would've happened last season in his absence. I think that might be what Andy was saying. CB scored too high a percentage of our goals (49%) and with almost unparalleled accuracy in the Premier League to assume that someone like Bent could've stepped into that side instead, with those inexperienced players regardless of whichever system was employed to accommodate him and expect that he'd have done enough to keep us up.

We are pretty much as big a one man team as there is in the league. We are in the same braket as Spurs with Bale and Suarez with Liverpool. One star player with the rest of the squad acting as supporting cast.

Not really. While I admit we probably would've gone down last season without him players like Guzan, Westwood, Weimann and Gabby are almost as crucial to us.

Whilst I agree with everyone how incredibly important Benteke is for us, and his undoubted class. I've really started to get annoyed at how everyone makes it seemed that we are condemned to failure without him, Jesus so when he eventually goes should we just demote ourselves to the championship voluntarily? It''s also a big lack of respect to all the other players in the TEAM who also play vital roles.

Ronaldo

Messi

RVP

Benteke is as important to Villa as these are 

Not really. While I admit we probably would've gone down last season without him players like Guzan, Westwood, Weimann and Gabby are almost as crucial to us.

Statistically we are THE worst one man team in the league owing to CB scoring a higher percentage of our goals than any player scored for any other team. But as with most stats, they are only telling part of the story. The counter-argument to that is that the stats are only telling part of the story for every team.

Ronaldo

Messi

RVP

Benteke is as important to Villa as these are 

As good as those players are, none of them are particularly important to Villa.

• Like 1

He looked very lazy all match. Both his goals were from the spot and really didn't get any other chances but it was against Arsenal. 

Actually one of his goals was from open play and it was the result of him showing great instinct to follow up the saved penalty.

His overall performance wasn't great but he bagged a brace and was always a threat.

Looked lazy, but he looked lazy at times last season too if we're completely honest. Not his best game, him and Weimann didn't click as well today as they did at times last season. Hopefully an improvement from them both on Wednesday. We're going to need it.

Â