Christian Benteke

Kwan

"The Black Savo", do comments come more clearing in the woods-headed than that?

Benteke did very well in the first half. The second was a different story. The first miss wasn't 'disgraceful', the second one certainly was though.

He could do with being taken out of the firing line for a little while IMO. He has ability but is still very raw and he's lacking a lot of confidence in front of goal right now.

"The Black Savo", do comments come more clearing in the woods-headed than that?

Benteke did very well in the first half. The second was a different story. The first miss wasn't 'disgraceful', the second one certainly was though.

He could do with being taken out of the firing line for a little while IMO. He has ability but is still very raw and he's lacking a lot of confidence in front of goal right now.

Dunno, do they? He's black and reminds me of Savo, so not sure what your problem is mate.

Wins the ball well, but I'd rather see our other three strikers at present. Seems a shame that Weimann hasn't seen much action since Benteke arrived. He's got time, and gets in good positions, so I just hope he can improve his finishing.

needs dropping full stop.

weiman and bent should be ahead of him at the moment

our game has gone back to hoof ball since he came and we have looked shit in each game bar the man city game which i only saw the crap tv highlights of.

Bad misses today. Every striker has them. Lambert has to be careful how he handles him for the next game without destroying his confidence.

i wonder if he will drop him an hour before kick off without explanation.

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "We were well in the game, and had two brilliant chances through Christian Benteke. He has to score one of the two of them, especially away from home; he has to hit the target from the header. I've said that to him you have to score those at this level but he's a young player and he will learn every day."

should have buried the header and at 1-0 up you never know

but he was useful today

people will focus on the Bent decision but its got bugger all to do with our defeat today

the real reason we lost today is because our midfield is as strong as an asthmatic ant and gets trampled on with ease

Not a good player based on what we have seen so far. The affection that people have for Lambert is seriously clouding any objective view on Benteke's performances to date. Bent for all of his faults has a good record in the Premier League and at this moment we do not have the luxury of pissing off what is easily our best striker just to fit in with the agenda of Lambert to appear to be the hard man.

Poor managerial perfomance by Lambert today, another poor performance from Benteke. Both need to do better if we are to do anything other than scrap against relegation

Â