Christian Benteke

Kwan

When I see him for Palace, the Benteke we all knew seems to be still there somewhere, but he just can't get his mojo going again as he's always stop/start due to injury and falling down the pecking order as a result. He'll like come on while they're chasing the game against Manchester City or something, fail to score, come back on the bench again, rinse repeat. If he can get some consistency and some patience with him, who knows...he might find his groove again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

When I see him for Palace, the Benteke we all knew seems to be still there somewhere, but he just can't get his mojo going again as he's always stop/start due to injury and falling down the pecking order as a result. He'll like come on while they're chasing the game against Manchester City or something, fail to score, come back on the bench again, rinse repeat. If he can get some consistency and some patience with him, who knows...he might find his groove again.

Almost scored though, still got that leap on him. 

Thought he looked a handful when he came on against us. The player is still in him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If you recall, he was rubbish for a while when he came back for us. Then he saved us from relegation. Again. He might just need game time and a collective arm round the shoulder. 

Massive confidence player. If we think we can get him hot again we should definitely sign him as 1 of 2.

As a second option if we can get a financially beneficial enough deal for us then I'd be OK with it.

Imagine Palace will want as much money as possible, especially from a relegation rival.

Edited by sne

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, those 2 knee injuries is the biggest reason I don't want him back

Which is a fair opinion. When i have seen him he has still looked mobile enough, but I don't know enough about his physical condition to say. Knee injuries are the worst. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Thought he looked a handful when he came on against us. The player is still in him. 

There's very little to suggest that. In fact almost everything points to that not being the case. 

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's there. He's so unlucky too as keepers seem to love pulling off worldie saves against him when he comes on. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

In my opinion having watched him a couple of times recently. 

We all have. I think he's absolute shit. As do most other clubs as nobody is interested in taking him on. The fact is, and we all know this is the case, that a few Villa fans are yhinking romantically back on the tekkers that was, thinking it can be again. 

Won't happen. Recipe for disaster. Move on. Get a new hero. Never go back. He's past it. 

Hell no, he’s a busted flush. Nostalgia won’t suddenly make him good again after nearly 3 seasons of being shit.

Â