Christian Benteke

Kwan

Very happy player now under Sherwood. Smiling and laughing during the matches, not just the last match, have not seen that for a long time.

This.

He wasn't enjoying his football before, that was clear for everybody to see. He came back from his injury into a team playing really poor football, which no doubt hurt his confidence and he looked as if he stopped putting in as much effort.

Lately though he looks like Benteke, I think he's going to go on a great run until the end of the season.

I hope he remembers how he was provoked and screwed over last time against Spurs and has been working on a nice cold dish of revenge.

Benteke double hat-trick incoming.

We'd still probably draw 6-6 or something though. :lol:

• Like 1

I hope he remembers how he was provoked and screwed over last time against Spurs and has been working on a nice cold dish of revenge.

Benteke double hat-trick incoming.

We'd still probably draw 6-6 or something though. :lol:

should have played Gil ;)

Daily Mail are trying to claim this that he will take a pay cut if relegated:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3030891/Christian-Benteke-faces-15-000-pay-cut-Aston-Villa-fail-avoid-drop.html#comments

Christian Benteke faces a substantial pay cut if his goals are not enough to keep Aston Villa in the Premier League – but is set to attract interest should he continue his scoring streak.

Whatever Villa's Premier League status this summer, Benteke's future will be discussed as his contract, worth £50,000 per week, enters its final two years and the Belgian striker has ambitions to play European football.
Wolfsburg have kept tabs on Benteke since before he ruptured his Achilles 12 months ago and remain on the lookout for a striker. The wealthy German club, currently second in Bundesliga, should have funds available from Champions League money, even after their £42million splurge on Chelsea duo Kevin De Bruyne and Andre Schurrle.

Villa value their top scorer at £25million however, and even then would remain hugely reluctant to sell with manager Tim Sherwood a big fan. Randy Lerner is set to offload the club come the closed season and new owners will have their own thoughts.
A hat-trick by Benteke in the 3-3 draw with Queens Park Rangers, capped by a brilliant free-kick, underlined his return to form under Sherwood.
He has scored seven goals in his last five Villa games, earning the team an additional three points in the process – the current gap to the drop zone.

But should Villa slip below the dreaded dotted line and out of the Premier League, Benteke is in line for an approximate 30 per cent reduction on his wages to £35,000 a week.
The 24-year-old would look to leave Villa Park in that scenario, rather than play in the Championship, with a host of clubs likely to express interest. There is, however, no relegation release clause.
Even if Villa stay in the Premier League Benteke will assess his options. Two years ago he handed in a transfer request to try to force a move to Tottenham Hotspur following his debut season in England yielding 23 goals.
He signed a new four-year deal on vastly improved terms. Last season was less successful, bringing 11 goals before serious injury struck last April ruling Benteke out of the World Cup.
His form suffered on return to the side last October, and at times he cut a bereft figure starved of service under Paul Lambert's regime. Lambert even dropped Benteke in his penultimate game in charge at home to Chelsea.
Sherwood's arrival has seen Benteke return to his best, with a goal every 87 minutes. That kind of strike rate should keep Villa up, but also alert top-flight clubs. Spurs are looking to sign young players around the £15million mark, though, while Liverpool would need to shift Mario Balotelli.

Benteke is comfortable with life in Birmingham and at Villa, but holds desires to play higher up the league and in continental competitions. Qualification for the Europa League is still a possibility through the FA Cup for Villa, of course.
Teenage winger Jack Grealish, who started his first Premier League match against QPR, is adamant Benteke will help keep Villa safe.
'Yes, when you have Christian in the team who can score goals every game,' he said. 'We are going to go in Saturday's game (at Spurs) positive. 100 per cent we will stay up.'

That's barely news to be fair. I'm sure many of our players have relegation clauses like that.

More interesting is the reoccurrence of the Wolfsburg link. I could see that happening. They've been chasing a marquee No. 9 signing for a while and they'll be in the Champions League next season. It would actually be quite an ideal move for Benteke, he'd fit in nicely there. Plus he's mates with De Bruyne.

• Like 1

Yeah I said a while back the club have a decision to make this summer regarding him.

Obviously if we go down he leaves, think that's obvious.

Regardless he'll have two years left, the point where we sold Milner, Downing etc.

To guarentee we still get 20m + fee we either sell him this summer or try to maybe get him to sign a 1-2 year extension. I'd rather see that as the Sherwood style of play means he'll score more goals so ideally him being here next season, scoring a lot of goals, then scoring a few in euro 2016 means we'd get a very good fee for him.

That's barely news to be fair. I'm sure many of our players have relegation clauses like that.

More interesting is the reoccurrence of the Wolfsburg link. I could see that happening. They've been chasing a marquee No. 9 signing for a while and they'll be in the Champions League next season. It would actually be quite an ideal move for Benteke, he'd fit in nicely there. Plus he's mates with De Bruyne.

De Bruyne will end up at Man. City sooner or later.

He deserves better than we can offer but maybe, just maybe we can squeeze one more year out of him.

He'd have to sign an extention for that to be viable. What we cannot do is allow him to enter the final year of his contract. Alas, I don't see any reason why he would want to renew so I think he'll go this summer.

De Bruyne will end up at Man. City sooner or later.

Possibly, although I see him staying for one more season at least with them in the Champions League.

Edited by Isa

Yes champions league, De Bruyne factor and the fact they create so many chances. Benteke would love it there. 

Â