Christian Benteke

Kwan

As far as I see it he simply isnt getting any service whatsoever. He doesnt miss many chances because he simply doesnt get them. His headers have been all over the place this season as well. He needs the right system to excel and atm we're giving him nothing.

Aye can't really defend him today. Definitely lost some tenacity/intensity. When he came back he had that for the first couple of games but after that incident when telling off another player he hasn't been in the zone. Maybe sulking somewhat.

Not giving up on him yet mind, he's still a young man just needs to mature a but and realise if he doesn't stop sulking he'll forever be playing for us/with crap players as no one will buy him.

Edited by supernova26

As far as I see it he simply isnt getting any service whatsoever. He doesnt miss many chances because he simply doesnt get them. His headers have been all over the place this season as well. He needs the right system to excel and atm we're giving him nothing.

The stats (see here and posted earlier in the thread) suggest that this is simply not true. His conversion rate and accuracy are much worse than in his first season. This goes to show that it's not simply service. He also isn't scoring when service is provided (yes, there has been less service but some blame must be attributed to CB).

• Like 1

Jesus christ how quick are people to write off players? It was the same with Delph now you're all tugging yourselves of over him again.

Bad form happens. He's the best striker we've had since Yorke and he's showed that this season. He's missing consistency from his game at the moment but for me he HAS to be on the pitch.

Two games against world class teams now, let's see if he steps up and shows what he's capable of.

• Like 1

He is comfortable, needs to be pushed by competition and the threat of being dropped.

Today could have been a decent time to bring him off and show him that, but can't blame the manager for leaving him on hoping he'd grab a goal.

to me he looks frustrated and down on confidence.. only of late hes berating players for misplaced passes.. he never did that as badly in other seasons.

He just needs a goal or two to get him going again. Dropping him... yeah for who? Maybe when Kozak returns. Till then hes still our best player.

appreciate he's had terrible service and looks lost out there sometimes, but his first touch and willingness to win the ball has been abysmal. Him and Gabby need to suck it up and realise neither one of them is bigger than the club.

He's actually, on average, had more chances than he had last season, taking more shots, yet still failing to score. He's out of form, frustrated and desperate i think. Gotta agree with you sometimes he really does just loo like he's given up because he's in a rut, yet at other times it's like he's pissed off at himself and he wants to do something. Saw him make a good track back to press Bournemouth that stood out for me (obviously not the role of a striker but showed decent willing), but his decision making is poor - like when he should have passed to Gil first half and just ran towards him instead. Desperation. Needs a goal. Needs to put more effort in though instead of giving up. 

Edited by tomh621

People still thinking it would be madness to sell him if the right fee came in?

No, but the "right fee" is more than anyone would pay. A lot more.

We continue like this, hel be worth **** all. Going on current form, 15m would probably be fair, 20m would be a decent deal, 25m would be daylight robbery. Right now he's awful.

Right now we would barely get what we paid for him. This still doesn't mean it's a good idea for a club with large goal-scoring problems to sell a fit centre-forward, with 6 days left in the transfer window and a high likelihood that we don't have enough money to sign an adequate replacement. Even if we did, we'd have to wait a few weeks for Player X to 'get up to speed', during which time we'd be struggling to score. There is no conceivable way in which it makes sense to sell someone who scores or assists more than 50% of our league goals when playing. 

Looks low on confidence, and when things do come his way it looks like he's trying too hard rather then playing his natural game. 

For example, when he had the ball and over-ran it, and then Gil had a shot. I think Benteke of a year ago would have just wacked it. He just needs to relax more on the ball. 

• Like 1

Â