Christian Benteke

Kwan

I thought he ever so slightly turned a corner today. Started presenting himself a bit more and his movement was better. His touch is abysmal though and his confidence is really killing him. Just needs a lucky break I think to start believing in himself again. 

Really? To me he looked like he can't be arsed, he isn't interested, he has become disengaged from the team and club. There was no passionate shouting at his teammates, there was no urgency about his play, he didn't seem to be bothered whether or not he received the ball and when the ball was coming to him he didn't try to use it. 

• Like 1

I always have sympathy when a player loses confidence,

But I have little sympathy for a player who seems reluctant to work to get it back.

"The harder I work the luckier I get" seems to spring to mind.

• Like 2

Spent most of the game hiding from the ball, quite a few times I saw gil/hutton/richardson in positions to put the ball in the box and benteke was standing outside the box.

That run from weimann for our best chance from gils cross in the first half was the sort of run we need benteke making too

Its not even a blip, since his goal against palace he has been awful, he scored a cracker against Utd a few weeks later but cost us the chance to win by not being in the box at the end.

I just find any stick thrown his way ridiculous at the mo. He is getting nothing, no service at all. He had to come so deep to get a touch of the ball. Create something for him ffs!!!

Yeah: madness to sell this bloke for a ridiculous fee!

At least you've admitted it now.

Edited by villan_007

I think something happened after that incident with Bacuna where he blamed him for a bad pass that he himself gave up on. Sort of makes me think the others told it how it was and he's probably gone into a sulk since then. I think he did a similar thing in the next game too.

His first season was sublime. He bullied players and dragged defenders all over the place, which created space for the likes of Gabby and Weimann to exploit, hence their goals that season. I think he needs to get over himself and watch a dvd of his play from his first season and play like that again. He's more than capable of getting back to that level.

Â