Christian Benteke

Kwan

I've never thought he was a particularly good finisher but the chances he is wasting are really frustrating me

Ive always thought he was pretty lethal - weve never created many chances - but in the past couple of seasons hes put a high % away.  Looks woeful at the moment - hope we buy/loan another striker ..or else we are done for...

• Like 1

He' not a poacher either. The nearest we have to that is Andi and he's out wide these days.

Smetrov is right, Benteke is lethal, it's just that he's asked to make goals himself out of nothing or get on the end of one or two crosses per match.

• Like 1

Wouldn't describe Benteke as "Lethal" tbh although i wouldn't say he was rubbish either, its easy to bash players when were not doing so well but ever since the pre season before last at times i've thought he could cut out the whining/gesturing towards his own team-mates and just get on with it and work hard to improve.

Wouldn't describe Benteke as "Lethal" tbh although i wouldn't say he was rubbish either, its easy to bash players when were not doing so well but ever since the pre season before last at times i've thought he could cut out the whining/gesturing towards his own team-mates and just get on with it and work hard to improve.

To be fair yeah, he would want to cut that out. Could be construed as passion, but I don't see that passion in much else that he does. I get the impression that when he's roaring at Bacuna after the fact, he's not thinking about the Aston Villa scoreline, but the Benteke scoreline. I read that interview again recently where he went on about how Villa is the right club at the right time, and he's a Villa player for now, but loves Arsenal. And now remembering that he went on strike at Genk. I just don't think he's very clever and he's certainly lacking some professionalism and maturity. He's got his eye on the door, and that contract he agreed to after handing in the transfer request I'm sure has a big stopper in the door to keep it open should anyone come calling. 

He's a bit of a **** prick, but I think he's a very good player on his day and on those days I'm very glad to have him in a Villa jersey.

It's also hard because he is often up to on his own being double marked. Of we had any other threatening players teams wouldn't be able to do that

This is my thinking as well. Teams know if they crowd him out and deny him space we are as good as cooked. It's really about the failure of our other forwards and the fact that our midfielders are happy to occupy the middle of the pitch allowing the opposition midfielders to drop back and help mark him out of the contest. If they started making more runs into the box they might drag some attention away from him.

We have to be mindful too that he is still just a 22 year old kid and his football education is far from complete. For the first time in his career he is struggling for goals and effectiveness and has had to deal with lack of confidence.

I'd you are going to drop players for this there are about 6 or 7 others getting dropped before he is.

Best forward option we have by a long long way. Still needs to improve his first touch and positioning but I thought we all sort of knew that anyway. On top of that Its about 10 weeks hes been back from a long injury lay off which could be why he still looks a bit raw. Even without any support from his midfield hes managed to grab a couple of goals in that time. We all know what hes capable of. He, more than any other player, has kept us up over the last 2 years. Calls for him to be dropped are imo the most ridiculous thing I have read on here in a long time.

• Like 1

Crikey, if people like plop are willing to pay 25m we need to cash in.

Probably bollocks like.

No No No No No!!!!  Who the feck is gonna score us a goal then, cause its not gonna be Gabby. If we really want to go anywhere, we really have to stop cashing in on our top signings as soon as we have a offer.

Fair play to Lambert he has already said "they wouldn't even get his left leg for that amount".

3 goals in what, the best part of a year? Ok he's been injured but given the last year n a half in terms of fitness and form, 25m is absolute daylight robbery. Especially for a player who isn't interested!

Chap, Aguero would have a problem scoring in this team at the moment.

3 goals in what, the best part of a year? Ok he's been injured but given the last year n a half in terms of fitness and form, 25m is absolute daylight robbery. Especially for a player who isn't interested!

Now I like Benteke but that's just not true. 

Really?

Can hardly blame lack of chances recently. Plus Aguero makes his own goals!

I love Benteke, but we will lose him sooner or later and if someone is daft enough to pay 25m for an out of form striker, we need to cash in and buy 3/4 quality players!

Really?

I love Benteke, but we will lose him sooner or later and if someone is daft enough to pay 25m for an out of form striker, we need to cash in and buy 3/4 quality players!

Out of form, yes, not forever.

What the hell have we come to?? We went from whinging our heads off because we were a selling club, to our fans being ok for one of the most hated teams in the Premiership taking one of the best players/strikers we have had for years.

Edited by foreveryoung

Probably bollocks like.

No No No No No!!!!  Who the feck is gonna score us a goal then, cause its not gonna be Gabby. If we really want to go anywhere, we really have to stop cashing in on our top signings as soon as we have a offer.

Fair play to Lambert he has already said "they wouldn't even get his left leg for that amount".

Considering the position we're in, selling our best players at the peak of their form (not that Benteke is now) is probably a smart move... should the money be re-invested.  That's generally how teams work their way up.

Probably bollocks like.

Considering the position we're in, selling our best players at the peak of their form (not that Benteke is now) is probably a smart move... should the money be re-invested.  That's generally how teams work their way up.

What sell our only 'real' striker to invest in what? another striker. I would rather Lambert work his bollocks off and get the best out of the one we have.

Really?

Out of form, yes, not forever.

What the hell have we come to?? We went from whinging our heads off because we were a selling club, to our fans being ok for one of the most hated teams in the Premiership taking one of the best players/strikers we have had for years.

I've never whinged about the players we've solved!

We sold Milner downing and young for the best part of 60m. Great business IMO that we should have built a team from.

• Like 1

Â