Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Sadly the situation with Bacuna is just more evidence of the club going down the drain. As much as I dislike what Bacuna has said, I don't agree with booing any player. Bacuna was never good enough like the vast majority of the other players signed in the last 5/6 years. 

Booing him is a distraction from the main issue: Lerner. He has put Hollis in as his stool pigeon, who in turn has created a so called "football board' for the same reason. I assume in the next month we will get wind of the next manager who like those before him will probably be given insufficient funds and even worse could be someone who drags us down further.

I have little faith that we will do well in the Championship, never mind come back up again. **** Bacuna, he like several others is history. 

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

I have no problem booing him for his performances and more importantly his attitude, but making comments about his daughter is pretty knuckledragging stuff... Some people...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Sadly the situation with Bacuna is just more evidence of the club going down the drain. As much as I dislike what Bacuna has said, I don't agree with booing any player. Bacuna was never good enough like the vast majority of the other players signed in the last 5/6 years. 

Booing him is a distraction from the main issue: Lerner. He has put Hollis in as his stool pigeon, who in turn has created a so called "football board' for the same reason. I assume in the next month we will get wind of the next manager who like those before him will probably be given insufficient funds and even worse could be someone who drags us down further.

I have little faith that we will do well in the Championship, never mind come back up again. **** Bacuna, he like several others is history. 

I have zero comprehension how anyone can be more pissed off with Lerner than they can the players.

I'm sorry. I just do not see it at all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ermie123 said:

I bet you even his hairdresser boos him!!

Hold on, I thought we established a month or so ago that you and Bacuna go to the same barbers? And that you sing barbershop quartet in said barbers? You should be the main authority on whether his hairdresser boos him!

I have zero comprehension how anyone can be more pissed off with Lerner than they can the players.

I'm sorry. I just do not see it at all.

Agree

Don't get me wrong it's lerners fault that we have this rot and that we have been on a downward spiral for the last 5 years but it's the fault of the players that we are embarrassingly bad every **** week

I don't buy this "it's not their fault they aren't good enough" stuff, bacuna isn't good enough I think we all generally accept that, his shambolic Liverpool performance had nothing to do with ability

Learner is responsible ultimately for the club . Like it or not. He hires he fires and makes appointments and puts in what cash he wants when he wants.

He  is totally responsible for this complete mess thru his actions and and poor bird brain appointments of managers and executives we have witnessed. The product we see now on the pitch is a result of the poor management and appointments that have been made under Mr Learner!

Learner is to blame ! He may now be attempting to put the boardroom and back room structure in place but unless we see sufficient investment to run alongside this , I still don't see a bright future for our club.

Everybody's responsible. Don't think booing your own players makes them play any better, but hey that's just my opinion.

Villa needs to pull itself together. At this rate we'll clear out the current squad, struggle to begin with next season, fans will turn, and the spiral will continue.

Fans, players, board. All responsible. The players were trying earlier in the season, just when negativity creeps in and you're getting hounded by your own fans, they probably just think why bother.

I don't see how Lerner is to blame for bacuna not closing down his man because he can't be bothered

We're a shambles and don't get me wrong Lerner is the main culprit but I'm not giving the players a free pass, based on their performances and attitude they obviously believe they've got one, no chance, what happened Saturday has taken far too long, these players have absolutely mugged us lot off this season knowing that fingers would be pointed elsewhere

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Learner is responsible ultimately for the club . Like it or not. He hires he fires and makes appointments and puts in what cash he wants when he wants.

He  is totally responsible for this complete mess thru his actions and and poor bird brain appointments of managers and executives we have witnessed. The product we see now on the pitch is a result of the poor management and appointments that have been made under Mr Learner!

Learner is to blame ! He may now be attempting to put the boardroom and back room structure in place but unless we see sufficient investment to run alongside this , I still don't see a bright future for our club.

You can't blame a man when you can't spell his name. Especially when you spell it wrong 3 times.

Know the man you hate.

7 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Everybody's responsible. Don't think booing your own players makes them play any better, but hey that's just my opinion.

Villa needs to pull itself together. At this rate we'll clear out the current squad, struggle to begin with next season, fans will turn, and the spiral will continue.

Fans, players, board. All responsible. The players were trying earlier in the season, just when negativity creeps in and you're getting hounded by your own fans, they probably just think why bother.

I don't want him to play better. I want him gone. Slumming it at the bottom of Eredivisie where he belongs.

7 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

It is absolutely pathetic to claim the fans were even partly responsible.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

I am not being funny but look at charlton, they are unhappy with their owner yet the players still give their all and beat blose. our losers are putting about 40% effort in. players like bacuna deserve all the abuse they get.

they want to win us back show us on the pitch

• Like 3

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I don't see how Lerner is to blame for bacuna not closing down his man because he can't be bothered

We're a shambles and don't get me wrong Lerner is the main culprit but I'm not giving the players a free pass, based on their performances and attitude they obviously believe they've got one, no chance, what happened Saturday has taken far too long, these players have absolutely mugged us lot off this season knowing that fingers would be pointed elsewhere

The question is: why are we watching Joe Bennett and not Aaron Cresswell? Why are watching Bacuna and not, oh I don't know, Carl Jenkinson? Why are we watching Gestede instead of almost anyone? Surely the answer to that is in large part 'Randy Lerner'.

I agree that the players have given up. So the question is why? I think the answer is that they've given up because they're rubbish, and being rubbish they have lost most of their games this season to the point that they can't see any reason to keep trying. I also think there are a number of bad apples in the squad, but that can't account for literally all of them. Clearly some of these players would be trying hard, if they were playing for different clubs. I mean we have a go at Lescott all the time - and deservedly so - but he wasn't slacking off last season was he? So I think Lerner really is always going to be the root cause of the problem.

I've just finished writing this and realised that far from disagreeing with you, I'm basically agreeing. Maybe I should have quoted Woodytom, but never mind!

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

The question is: why are we watching Joe Bennett and not Aaron Cresswell? Why are watching Bacuna and not, oh I don't know, Carl Jenkinson? Why are we watching Gestede instead of almost anyone? Surely the answer to that is in large part 'Randy Lerner'.

I agree that the players have given up. So the question is why? I think the answer is that they've given up because they're rubbish, and being rubbish they have lost most of their games this season to the point that they can't see any reason to keep trying. I also think there are a number of bad apples in the squad, but that can't account for literally all of them. Clearly some of these players would be trying hard, if they were playing for different clubs. I mean we have a go at Lescott all the time - and deservedly so - but he wasn't slacking off last season was he? So I think Lerner really is always going to be the root cause of the problem.

I've just finished writing this and realised that far from disagreeing with you, I'm basically agreeing. Maybe I should have quoted Woodytom, but never mind!

I'm not so sure. Great athletes have both exceptional ability but also exceptional intangibles (heart, desire etc). Then there are players who succeed (to a lower level) but really just have ability and not the intangibles, and then there are those who succeed but have way more in the 'intangibles' criteria than the ability one. 

The problem at Villa is that we have signed players who do not have either ability or the other important intangibles. Bacuna really is the epitome of this sort of player, he has virtually no ability at all whatsoever and has absolutely no heart, desire or even the basic self-respect to go out there and give 100%. 

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

why are we watching Joe Bennett and not Aaron Cresswell?

if I recall , we were , but we got messed about by his agent and walked away ( same as Clyne)

you can argue the high ground route the club took ..or you can look at Bennett and Bacuna and say , we should have just played the game like everyone else and paid the agents

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

How Bacuna plays in the Premier League is absolutely beyond me. I bet he couldn't believe his luck when he heard someone was stupid enough at Villa to consider buying him. 

I bet he's still our top scoring "midfielder" during his time here as well :(

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

if I recall , we were , but we got messed about by his agent and walked away ( same as Clyne)

you can argue the high ground route the club took ..or you can look at Bennett and Bacuna and say , we should have just played the game like everyone else and paid the agents

Bacuna and Bennett's agent probably were willing to do the deal for less of a fee, but then again...that's because they were shit players with no other suitors.