Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Don't have a problem with booing now even though I was against it before, in my opinion we have been too soft over the years with players. We shouldn't make it comfortable for them. My only issue is I think the others (Richards etc) deserve it just as much as Bacuna. We aren't the only club that has previously booed their players we won't be the last. I can see why people are against me but for me these set of players don't care and gave up in September, Micah "I'm trying" Richards is one of the worst.

I've always been against booing our own players, but they've been this bad. If I was at Villa Park these days, I'd boo.

Any player still here next season can be given a clean slate (we'll have to if we're going to do anything in the Championship), but for the rest of this season they deserve what is thrown at them.

*Not suggesting the literal throwing of any object onto the pitch.

15 hours ago, Nigel said:

Booing your own players ......Really didnt sit right with me!

No matter how much I loath everyone at the club now, I agree with you Nigel.

Edited by AVTuco

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

No matter how much I loath everyone at the club now, I agree with you Nigel.

I don't understand why though. These players are not 'one of us', they don't represent the club in a positive light, they clearly don't give a **** about this club or the supporters.

Now booing a player who makes a mistake on the pitch or is in poor form then fair enough, that makes me uncomfortable.

This word removed though deserves everything he gets. He is not one of our players, he just turns up for training so he can pick up his wage. He is laughing at you.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

I don't understand why though. These players are not 'one of us', they don't represent the club in a positive light, they clearly don't give a **** about this club or the supporters.

Now booing a player who makes a mistake on the pitch or is in poor form then fair enough, that makes me uncomfortable.

This word removed though deserves everything he gets. He is not one of our players, he just turns up for training so he can pick up his wage. He is laughing at you.

I see the club very much through the players, and I suppose to me they still are 'one of us'. They represent the club to the outside, and I somehow feel it's shameful when we boo our own. I'm not judging anyone, everyone can do what they want, but it just doesn't feel right to me.

• Like 1

I dont know if this whole booing thing is a generation thing really. 

When looking around the stands it seemed to me it tended to be the younger fans that were 'venting' rather than ol fogies like me.

Maybe thats just me generalising though, and i kind of hope i am.

I'm probably scapegoating him a bit but Bacuna just annoys me so much.

I don't think there can be any coming back for him now either (in terms of playing for us next season). Usually the only way a player can be forgiven by the fans for being a grade A cock end is by putting in good performances/effort and as we've seen for the last 3 years he just clearly isn't physically capable of it. Found his level in Holland and I'd imagine he'll return 

Normally I'd feel bad, but nah ***** this dude. He's gonna end up one-upping NRC and end up in League One instead of the CL. Absolutely horrific player who the fans have been very patient with. 2 freekicks in 2013 and he thinks he's made it. ***** right off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

I dont know if this whole booing thing is a generation thing really. 

When looking around the stands it seemed to me it tended to be the younger fans that were 'venting' rather than ol fogies like me.

Maybe thats just me generalising though, and i kind of hope i am.

Definitely seems to be.

Watching back over older football clips, fans are generally more appreciative of good things (for either club, too - open applause for a nice opposition goal etc) and less quick to boo over the bad.  I hate booing, personally, and I don't necessarily think all of the players don't try.  They just happen to be a poor bunch as a squad.

24 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Definitely seems to be.

Watching back over older football clips, fans are generally more appreciative of good things (for either club, too - open applause for a nice opposition goal etc) and less quick to boo over the bad.  I hate booing, personally, and I don't necessarily think all of the players don't try.  They just happen to be a poor bunch as a squad.

Times have changed, footballers back then were literally putting food on the table for the kids, they had an affinity with the club or the town. If they were to move clubs it wasn't without reason. It is a short career and could me the difference between financial security and relying on state pension.

...nowadays though we have words removed like Bacuna, a millionaire off the back of being a 9th rate footballer. A word removed who whilst WE endure some of the worst football in our lifetime speaks out how he wants to be playing CL football. A word removed who evidently doesn't intend to stick  with the club that gave him a 5 year multi million pound contract. A word removed who should be honoured he is even at a PL club. A word removed who is just here for the salary. A word removed who is all me, me, me. 

**** this really bad person. I hope his every touch is booed from now until he departs. I hope he isn't able to step foot outside his door without being subjected to abuse.

Cretin.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Times have changed, footballers back then were literally putting food on the table for the kids, they had an affinity with the club or the town. If they were to move clubs it wasn't without reason. It is a short career and could me the difference between financial security and relying on state pension.

...nowadays though we have words removed like Bacuna, a millionaire off the back of being a 9th rate footballer. A word removed who whilst WE endure some of the worst football in our lifetime speaks out how he wants to be playing CL football. A word removed who evidently doesn't intend to stick  with the club that gave him a 5 year multi million pound contract. A word removed who should be honoured he is even at a PL club. A word removed who is just here for the salary. A word removed who is all me, me, me. 

**** this really bad person. I hope his every touch is booed from now until he departs. I hope he isn't able to step foot outside his door without being subjected to abuse.

Cretin.

So you want Leandro Bacuna to not be "able to step foot outside his door without being subjected to abuse" for the fact that he wants to better himself?

Tragic.

Our fans really are as bad as our owners sometimes.

I was surprised by this, and while I don't usually agree with this sort of treatment to our own players, I was actually impressed by the volume and the fervour of the booing. Might just mark his, and other players', cards about how strongly we feel about how they have let us down. I thought Black looked mystified. Not been doing your homework, Eric? You should not have been surprised.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So you want Leandro Bacuna to not be "able to step foot outside his door without being subjected to abuse" for the fact that he wants to better himself?

Tragic.

Our fans really are as bad as our owners sometimes.

Wants to better himself? No sign he has tried to do that on the training pitch?

Wants to sign a 5 year contract and jog on when he is one of the main culprits of relegation. 

Edited by rodders0223

Wants to better himself? No sign is has tried to do that on the training pitch?

Wants to sign a 5 year contract and jog on when he is one of the main culprits of relegation. 

Oh right, you go and watch all our training sessions?

Fair enough.

Really don't need to. Is he a better player than when he joined by even 1%?

I don't know - you said something about no sign of him showing anything on the training pitch.

Basically, he's done nothing to warrant abuse.  None of our players have, individually.  If you feel like booing the team collectively for being crap, go for it.  But to wish someone to be subjected to abuse the minute they step out of their own door is pretty disgusting.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't know - you said something about no sign of him showing anything on the training pitch.

Basically, he's done nothing to warrant abuse.  None of our players have, individually.  If you feel like booing the team collectively for being crap, go for it.  But to wish someone to be subjected to abuse the minute they step out of their own door is pretty disgusting.

Nah. **** him.

• Like 2