Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I think his ability is being overstated somewhat here. He's very hit and miss.

I agree. While I'm a fan he got a chance to state his case with a starting role a few weeks ago following some promising sub appearances. Unfortunately he fluffed it.
  • Like 1

I think his ability is being overstated somewhat here. He's very hit and miss.

I agree. While I'm a fan he got a chance to state his case with a starting role a few weeks ago following some promising sub appearances. Unfortunately he fluffed it.

How is starting ONE game in over half a season being given a chance? He only started due to injuries/suspensions and he was hardly horrible. He wasn't spectacular by any means, but he was the only player delivering dangerous crosses in the box, weather from set pieces or from open play, and his defensive play was good. He did everything Cleverley should be and isn't doing (and yet he has started every single game /United and has been anonymous at best). 

For me it should be Sanchez, Bacuna and Delph (if he stays) in our midfield trio. Each of them offers something different.

Westwood has also been decent, but there's no reason to have him and Sanchez in the same midfield.

• Like 1

I agree with Woo. I think he deserves another start based on limited showings.

However, as an aside, why is he not being tried down the flanks? He's athletic and he puts a shift in, can score goals and he can whip a ball. It's his short passing that let's him down, so remove that from his game as much as possible?

Just give me some proper width!! Please!

• Like 2

We look so bad most the time that we always call for fringe players to come in, who then in turn, do little and go straight back out the side. But I agree, he would have contributed a lot more than some given an extended run in the side.

Everything just points back to "why does Tom Cleverley take up a place in our side"

• Like 1

He needs a solid run of games, somewhere. He's too talented to rot on the bench. Send him to Forest on loan with Grealish. I think Leandro is a very promising player and I'll be very disappointed if we let him slip away.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up wanting to leave in the summer, which is a real shame. One of our best players last season, in an unfamiliar position in which he dominated against some of the league's best wide players (Hazard, Baines). In a more comfortable position further up the pitch he can really help us out, but for whatever reason he isn't getting a fair chance.

• Like 2