Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I had such high hopes for him, thought he was going to be epic for us. Don't know why I'm gutted about this so much but he needs to go now. Some of these lads are beyond repair. 

He showed such passion for us initially. Oh well.

I thought he was a great signing when we bought him and he first started to play but in a poor side he has become worse and worse. 

In my opinion your CBs should be, a leader and one that does the dirty work. I think Okore is one who does the dirty work, so along side Elphick he would probably be ok but when with baker, Richards etc he gets in such a mess. I think this was half our issue last season as we didn't have any real leaders back there. 

Tonight against Luton was really poor i thought, he looked slow and off the pace against a side he should be controlling quite easily. For him to come out at the end of last season and refuse to play etc then play how he did tonight really finished it for me. I would have loved him to be a great for us but i'm past it now and i think he has had enough chance, time to move him on. 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Poor bugger. Had a fine first half, then he has to be paired with Richards as his CB partner and then Hutton to the right. Don't blame him or Bunn at all. 

Don't blame him, really?

• Like 2

Even if you could do the impossible and somehow defend the absolutely shocking own goal, that's not even the worst thing he did. How can you possibly begin to explain what he did for their 2nd? I've never seen such an embarrassing lack of awareness in a pub league game. That goal shows that playing alongside Baker was basically covering for all his shit and that Richards isn't good enough to make Okore look passable. 

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

Okore was absolutely awful last night. Scored one own goal and then attempted to score another with a deft lob.

What was he actually trying to achieve with the own goal? Opposition everywhere in the box and his body shape suggests that he wanted to pass it to someone close by? WHy wouldn't he have just put his foot through it?

Then there was the point where he was boxed into a corner and rather than attempting to clear (and potentially get a goal kick/throw-in via a deflection) he accepted that he couldn't do anything positive so he just passed it out for a throw.

5 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Okore was absolutely awful last night. Scored one own goal and then attempted to score another with a deft lob.

What was he actually trying to achieve with the own goal? Opposition everywhere in the box and his body shape suggests that he wanted to pass it to someone close by? WHy wouldn't he have just put his foot through it?

Then there was the point where he was boxed into a corner and rather than attempting to clear (and potentially get a goal kick/throw-in via a deflection) he accepted that he couldn't do anything positive so he just passed it out for a throw.

He didn't think it was coming to him until Bunn's touch flicked it to him, so he was just caught completely flat footed and then tried to react but it was too late. Laziest defending I've ever seen.

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

Poor bugger. Had a fine first half, then he has to be paired with Richards as his CB partner and then Hutton to the right. Don't blame him or Bunn at all. 

I struggle to accept these kind of comments. Absolving a terrible footballer who played terribly of blame because he was playing next to an unpopular player who was also abysmal. Okore is awful. He didn't magically get better when he was playing with Clark and he doesn't get worse when he's playing with Richards. He's just shite all the time. There's a reason he's never first choice centre back.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

He didn't think it was coming to him until Bunn's touch flicked it to him, so he was just caught completely flat footed and then tried to react but it was too late. Laziest defending I've ever seen.

He had about 6 yards (?) to react to a ball not moving that quickly. Pretty sure most of the people of this forum could've dealt with it without putting into our net! :lol: 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

This bloke is beyond shit. Who the hell literally runs away from the man with the ball AND the runner to the player that's already marked? :crylaugh:

THIS. I will never be able to unsee this or delete it from my memory. Harsh of Richards to leave him so utterly exposed but that was the moment I realised hes got no brain whatsoever.

Â