Jores Okore

Jesperchr

On 6/22/2016 at 20:43, MellbergsBeard said:

I will not confirm or deny, I will instead leave a photo of Jores.

180870605_a_1816377a.jpg

I think Okore will be great in the Championship and, perhaps more importantly, we want players that aren't sulking about being in the second tier. They all played their part in getting there, so it's good to see some hunger to get us back into the Premier League. 

OT, I always respected the way Macron treated the club compared to Nike, but that is one fussy looking shirt.

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

At present, we have Elphick, Okore, Clark, Baker, Lescott and Richards with no signs yet of any of those leaving.

I'd be amazed if Lescott stays. There's a decent player in Clark, I hope we keep him, he's a solid Championship defender. Richards is a walking accident, needs to go too.

42 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'd be amazed if Lescott stays. There's a decent player in Clark, I hope we keep him, he's a solid Championship defender. Richards is a walking accident, needs to go too.

Oh I don't disagree, but we need to find someone to take the likes of Lescott and Richards. Clubs won't exactly be forming an orderly queue.

29 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Oh I don't disagree, but we need to find someone to take the likes of Lescott and Richards. Clubs won't exactly be forming an orderly queue.

I think Lescott moves to MLS and Richards gets sold to one of the promoted clubs.

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

I think Lescott moves to MLS and Richards gets sold to one of the promoted clubs.

If Richards is not good enough for us in the Championship, would a Premier League club want him?

I am afraid we are going to have to be patient when it comes to moving the unwanted players out. Those players we are looking to shift are not going to leave early in the window. These players are not going to be in high demand due to the fact they were abysmal last season, so top managers and clubs are not going to be interested at all. The type of manager who might be willing to take those players will be the type of manager who will make a move at the last minute to get a percieved bargain, in the hope of recapturing a players former talents. The type of manager I am talking about are your Steve Bruce, Tony Pulis' of the world or a Redknap/MON in days gone by. That will probably only happen if those managers don't get their first targets, and they turn to plan b,c,d....z.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Have to hope someone like Pulis will take the gamble

I think after last season managers will think no going back for Richards. he was woeful at Fiorentina as well

• 4 weeks later...

Going off the friendlies.. looks like Baker will get to partner Elphick.

Would he be happy to sit on the bench again? There are 46+ games so I imagine he will get his fair share and he probably cant play 3 in a week anyway.

Okore is light years ahead of Baker as a centre back. It'll be incredibly frustrating if Baker does get the nod. We always saw the best of Clark when he was partnered with Okore so I can't see why Elphick can't link well with him too. 

• Like 1

It's a long season and as said if Okore was first choice he'd probably pick up an injury before too long...as inevitably will Baker.

Have no issue with Elphick and Baker starting the season but not sure how well they'll do against strikers with pace so Okore will be needed for those games.

• 2 weeks later...
Â