Jores Okore

Jesperchr

If he's in his last year, I would prefer him to commit to us if we are going to start him. We need to be building and don't want wholesale changes every summer like we've had last year and will have this. If he doesn't want to commit then great, we'll have excellent back up in that position. I also appreciate the logic in playing your best 11 and looking at the replacement in a years time. Either way, it will be good for the club, at least in the short term.

I certainly think he'd be one of the better defenders in the championship.

I know football is all about decisions and vey often there is no right or wrong decision.

For me, I am not over phased by the 8 extra games the league brings. I would field reserves in the league cup and in January, if we were top 6/8 (which we should be) I would field reserves in the FA Cup. That way, the amount of games only equate to the same as a couple of decent cup runs. In addition, someone like Okore could be rested in certain games, especially at home, where poorer sides are likely to just come and park the bus.

I'd be interested to see how many games Spurs played last season and they didn't do too badly did they? 

if hes staying he should sign a extension
if hes going to leave at the end of hes contract he should be sold so we make some of the cash back and if doesnt want to go he should be dropped into the reserves for a year

I don't see him as a rb personally (he probably could fill in if required in case of injuries or what not). I don't think he has the legs to get up and down the pitch and can't see him being a great crosser or ball player.

Since playing through the injury at the end of the 14/15 season I think he's looked under pressure physically. Hopefully a good pre season with the Sheikh of muscles can get him firing physically and he can finally have a shot at an uninterrupted season. Then we could finally see how good or bad he is.

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

I don't see him as a rb personally (he probably could fill in if required in case of injuries or what not). I don't think he has the legs to get up and down the pitch and can't see him being a great crosser or ball player.

Since playing through the injury at the end of the 14/15 season I think he's looked under pressure physically. Hopefully a good pre season with the Sheikh of muscles can get him firing physically and he can finally have a shot at an uninterrupted season. Then we could finally see how good or bad he is.

The thing is ricahrds is a terrible crosser and was pretty lame at getting forward. I think Okore could do a job there against the lesser sides for sure

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

44 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is ricahrds is a terrible crosser and was pretty lame at getting forward. I think Okore could do a job there against the lesser sides for sure

Richards is a terrible crosser and he's pretty lame at most things. 

Okore would probably be better and could do a job but personally I'd prefer if he was left at centre back and we buy a rb to fight it out with Hutton.

On 22/06/2016 at 18:11, dounavilla said:

Problem is we would lack height with this partnership Witg Elphick and Okore both being 4'6".

What's the average height of CBs in the Championship?

You're right though, with Okore's and Elphick's combined height of 6 inches, balls in our box could become a problem.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

What's the average height of CBs in the Championship?

You're right though, with Okore's and Elphick's combined height of 6 inches, balls in our box could become a problem.

Height isn't everything for heading a ball though.

Cannavaro and Larsson were two great headers of a ball and both were short.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How does everyone think Okore would do at right back?

I always think that teams are blunted as an attacking force when centre backs are used as full backs. They are usually competent defensively but lack the natural instinct to get forward to support attacking play, knowing which runs to make etc and crossing is not usually a strong point. 

I'll overlook this for the legend that is Olaf Mellberg who acquitted himself admirably when playing right. And Earl 'The Pearl' Barrett who was mainly a centre back when we signed him but made right his position at Villa.

But for me, Okore is no full back.

Edited by The Moustache of Teale
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ronald-tinios.jpg

Our back line next season :trollface:

5 at the back in the championship! What are we afraid of? I knew we'd end up seeing the same old loser mentality. 

RDM, Clark, Bond and Tony out! 

Â