Jores Okore

Jesperchr

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Chester was part of a relegated team aswell.

You're missing my point. Teams don't often pay 9m for bags of shit. 

It's ok highlighting that a rubbish player has been bought for a lot of money....... what about all the rubbish players who don't get bought?

Just now, Woodytom said:

It's ok highlighting that a rubbish player has been bought for a lot of money....... what about all the rubbish players who don't get bought?

I never said he's worth 9m.

4-5m they'll be takers purely for his pedigree before he joined us, played in champions league, Chelsea were interested, full international etc. Fitness an issue though. 

3 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Chelsea bough Baba for 20 million, West Brom got Chester for 9, Norwich paid more for Timm Klose and West Ham similar for Ogbonna and Southampton paid even more for Van Dijk. 

all crap defenders 

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I never said he's worth 9m.

4-5m they'll be takers purely for his pedigree before he joined us, played in champions league, Chelsea were interested, full international etc. Fitness an issue though. 

He was a young defender with potential that's it. If chelsea were interested they would have signed him, not Villa. Since then he has shown that he's 4th choice centre back in one of the worst premier league teams ever. He's also had a serious injury which if well placed rumours are to be believed he'll never fully recover from. The only clubs with enough money to throw £4m or £5m at a player like that are premier league teams and none of them will want him. Also he only has a year left on his contract. If we get £1m for him we'll have done well.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

He was a young defender with potential that's it. If chelsea were interested they would have signed him, not Villa. Since then he has shown that he's 4th choice centre back in one of the worst premier league teams ever. He's also had a serious injury which if well placed rumours are to be believed he'll never fully recover from. The only clubs with enough money to throw £4m or £5m at a player like that are premier league teams and none of them will want him. Also he only has a year left on his contract. If we get £1m for him we'll have done well.

1m that is ridiculous 

Yeah £1m is bollocks.

Either nobody will want him and he'll stay.

Or we'll sell him.

If it's the latter then it won't be for £1m. £1m gets you nothing these days.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea bough Baba for 20 million, West Brom got Chester for 9, Norwich paid more for Timm Klose and West Ham similar for Ogbonna and Southampton paid even more for Van Dijk

all crap defender

Sorry?

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Id rather keep him and let him leave on a free come next summer. I think he would be excellent cb with clark in championship 

Definitely this should be our thinking especially if we only get low bids for him. He cost us £4 million and is still 23, but now has premier league experience and has proven that when fit, he is a decent center back. We need to be getting at least £7-10 million for him. If no one wants him for that amount, then we might as well use him next season to help us stay in the championship. 

Sadly though I can see our owner accepting almost any bid for our players. 

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sorry?

I really dont rate the guy, havent seen him do a thing that makes him a solid defender. good on the ball though. My main memory of him is being given a runaround by West Brom reject  Markus Rosenberg in Champions League qualifiers

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I really dont rate the guy, havent seen him do a thing that makes him a solid defender. good on the ball though. My main memory of him is being given a runaround by West Brom reject  Markus Rosenberg in Champions League qualifiers

More tackles, clearances and interceptions per game than Alderweireld, reads the ball really well, is good on the ball, wins a huge amount of headers. 

I think you're letting a bad game at some point in the past cloud your judgement on this one. 

Okore should be playing every week, too right is he annoyed about not getting a chance when we have the likes of Lescott start week in week out. Eric Black can do one. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

Yeah while I think he's the best of a bad bunch in the CB position, I don't want him at the club if thats his attitude.

One of many who can get out.

• Like 3

I really don't understand some of our player's mentality. We are where we are for a reason, because of their unforgivably shite and apathetic performances. Yet some think that they're too good for us and can dictate their position as if they are just going to walk into better teams. Wouldn't really care if he left tbh but he isn't doing himself any favours in attracting teams with such a piss poor attitude.

• Like 3

Â