Jores Okore

Jesperchr

14 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

You must be Watching something else. The apparent reason is that he is shit.

But lescott and Richards who have played twice the games hVe been so much better?

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's not about who's running the club it's about how the market will value him. He has hardly had a good season, has a legacy of injuries and frankly hasn't got any better from the day we signed him. It's certainly not unrealistic to think that his value has depreciated in his time here. 

Mate I would rather keep him than sell for 2-3m I think he is a good player just suffering in a poor side with a shit defence

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But lescott and Richards who have played twice the games hVe been so much better?

No. But that doesn't mean he should be in the team. Nor does it mean he should be worth 7m.

They are all absolute horse shit. I still couldn't pick our best team after 34 games.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

James Chester went for 9 million in summer to West Brom, I would rate Okore in similar or better than CHester. Only way be lower as in last year of contract

Exactly. 

Not saying we'd get 9m, but talk of £2m is way too low.

£2m is what Paul McShane cost Sunderland 9 years ago and he's the worst CB I've ever seen

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

James Chester went for 9 million in summer to West Brom, I would rate Okore in similar or better than CHester. Only way be lower as in last year of contract

That's not how it works tho. Teams don't think oh well james Chester was 9m so wel spend similar on Okore. 

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

That's not how it works tho. Teams don't think oh well james Chester was 9m so wel spend similar on Okore. 

no but we can ask for that and see if clubs will pay it, Hull went down last season as well so not like bought from a top flight club either

I'm in two minds... I can understand him kicking off at being chosen behind what we have started recently, but on the other hand he does need a reality check.

What his punishment confirms is that we're going to continue playing one of the shittest defensive units ever seen in the premier league for the remaining games even though we're already relegated and have nothing to lose. cool.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I'm not sure we'd even get 2/3m. Can't see anyone buying him.

Me either. No premier league team would take him which means we'd be selling to a low level foreign team who won't pay any more than £2/3m. Anyone thinking we would get £5m+ is living in cloud cuckoo land.  

53 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I don't agree who for 2m would be a better cb signing than him ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Mate I would rather keep him than sell for 2-3m I think he is a good player just suffering in a poor side with a shit defence

A Shit Defence he Cant force his way into............ a damning indictment of him as a player.......... the bloke is vastly overrate by the B6 Hoardes............. the "reo-coker" syndrome....... the longer hes out the better he becomes

4 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

A Shit Defence he Cant force his way into............ a damning indictment of him as a player.......... the bloke is vastly overrate by the B6 Hoardes............. the "reo-coker" syndrome....... the longer hes out the better he becomes

No chance mate. Black is a clueless caretaker. He is playing Richardson for gods sake ahead of grealish Adama. He was only cb that looked decent under garde

• Like 1

Eric Black is going to do even more damage to the squad than Sherwood or Remi ever did. He is refusing to play the likes of Grealish, Traore, Kozak, and Okore, but instead Bacuna, Richardson, and Lescott continue to get starts...

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Eric Black is going to do even more damage to the squad than Sherwood or Remi ever did. He is refusing to play the likes of Grealish, Traore, Kozak, and Okore, but instead Bacuna, Richardson, and Lescott continue to get starts...

My hope is that he played those players because they deserved to be the ones on the pitch when we got relegated, so I'm waiting to see the lineup against Soton before I give any judgement.

• Like 1

Just now, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

My hope is that he played those players because they deserved to be the ones on the pitch when we got relegated, so I'm waiting to see the lineup against Soton before I give any judgement.

Guarantee not much will change. Black will probably think that we almost got a result against united with that squad, but he will completely ignore how dire we looked for 81 minutes and it was only Gestede that caused any issues and no one else. 

32 minutes ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

You are crediting Black with a brain there.

That was your first mistake.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adbo9 said:

The fact that Black chooses to play worse defenders ahead of him doesn't make him a bad player. I mean, Sherwood started to pick Richardson ahead of Amavi for a while but that doesn't mean that that's some kind of "indictment" of Amavi, for example.

Edited by Mantis

6 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Chester was part of a relegated team aswell.

I think Okore's about 4-5m currently. The few clean sheets we've kept this season have been with him in the team I think, that new year period.

Personally I'd try and get him back onside and keep, would be a good player next season.

Â