Sunderland

Richard

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Season 2 is going to be even more crushing to watch. Cant help but feel they **** this up

Drew too mamy times

They're like Man. City of the 90s.

That said league 1 next season shouldn't be as hard, you've already got Bolton coming down on -10 so they'll be nowhere near promotion race. Bury aren't paying the bills either.

Sunderland need to hold things together and obviously go for automatic this time. Seems many of their players have big fitness issues, McGeady and Grigg must be on about 40k a week between them and neither started the play offs as they aren't fit. Comms also said Cattermole has been playing with a hip problem for four years!

Need to get that all sorted but like us in the championship Sunderland at a lower level is still a huge draw so they won't struggle to attract players.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Not great now laugh at the, considering we have a game tomorrow. That’s the worst way to lose it I think.

They played like we did last year. There's a lesson there. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dick said:

I can't help but feel for them, but that might change if we go up. I think my fears for tomorrow make me care.

We are quite comparable except they somehow got a shitter American owner. Bruce and MON wasting money its too close to the bone 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Should have gone top 2 quite easily with that budget and that playing staff.

For me, this is worse than the two relegations. You have to be seriously shite to be a club that size and not get out of league one. The calibre of player is horrific.

On 26/05/2019 at 21:10, Zatman said:

We are quite comparable except they somehow got a shitter American owner. Bruce and MON wasting money its too close to the bone 

As much as Xia was a charlatan, if he hadn't taken over from Lerner when he did then we could very well have gone down the Sunderland route I reckon.

The change of ownership very much stopped the rot imo.

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Too many draws. Ross seems quite defensive.

Not sure this is correct.  Pretty sure I remember hearing that their 0-0 draw away at Barnsley in March was the first time Sunderland had failed to score in a league game this season (they only failed once after too, in a 0-0 draw against Portsmouth to get to Wembley).

That means that they've had 18 league score draws this season and, at the same time, are the 3rd highest scorers in the league.

If that's being defensive then they're doing it all wrong.

Sunderland were the third highest scorers in the division with 80 goals.  They had the fourth best defence and the third highest goal difference. It's quite a puzzle. 

Have say I would like them to get it right.They have a long suffering fan base (3 of which I had a chat with at a pub in Westminster before Monday’s game - they were down in the dumps!)

They suffer like I can imagine us suffering I always count Villas blessings when I see Sunderlands struggles.

Â