Sunderland

Richard

Christ what a shit show. And I mean the state of the club, not the program. The program is great. I went in thinking I'd have a bit of a laugh at their demise, which happens at the beginning when it's like a football version of The Office, and ended up feeling sympathy for their fans and thinking how easily that could've been us. They do deserve better. Well, Championship at least 😋

• Like 1

Finished this yesterday. Really good watch. The sheer incompetence of it all is shocking, but I’m tempted to say I was most surprised by how decent Chris Coleman, John O’Shea and, dare I say, Lee Cattermole came across. 

Talked to a Sunderland fan at work about it. He was mostly just shaking his head in disbelief, but was also sincerely happy that the incompetence of the previous regime had been exposed. As others have said, as a Villa fan, the story is very, very relatable. 

8 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Finished this yesterday. Really good watch. The sheer incompetence of it all is shocking, but I’m tempted to say I was most surprised by how decent Chris Coleman, John O’Shea and, dare I say, Lee Cattermole came across. 

Talked to a Sunderland fan at work about it. He was mostly just shaking his head in disbelief, but was also sincerely happy that the incompetence of the previous regime had been exposed. As others have said, as a Villa fan, the story is very, very relatable. 

Anyone can talk a good game, by all accounts Cattermole is one of the biggest pissheads going -along with Adam Johnson, Danny Graham, Bardsley etc.

Even Gibson talked a good game but didn't stop him having the physique of a 50 year old bricklayer.

• Haha 1

On 23/12/2018 at 20:32, Chindie said:

Coleman comes across particularly well. Just seems like a genuinely nice bloke. I'm not sure he's that good of a manager when you get right down to it, but as a man he seems unusually down to earth and, well, nice. I can't imagine there's many at the sharp end of the football industry who would bother to text the tea lady after they'd been sacked to say he appreciated and would miss them.

Really was a genuinely class touch that, wasn't it. 

Yeah Coleman comes across very well. I think it kind of hides how bad a job he did though. 

The state of the club contributes a lot to how badly they did, but I don’t think it was an impossible job when Coleman came in. 

But yeah he seems like a genuinely good bloke. Had no idea he was married to Charlotte Jackson either!

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah Coleman comes across very well. I think it kind of hides how bad a job he did though. 

The state of the club contributes a lot to how badly they did, but I don’t think it was an impossible job when Coleman came in. 

But yeah he seems like a genuinely good bloke. Had no idea he was married to Charlotte Jackson either!

Don't think he is . . . think the caption introduced her as his partner IIRC. 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes I dont think Coleman is a particularly good manager. he was responsible for loosing his best striker.

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes I dont think Coleman is a particularly good manager. he was responsible for loosing his best striker.

Grabban came across as a bit of a diva and facts show he was bluffing to get out. Grabban came off once early and not injured and his replacement scored the winner. 73 minutes is not early either

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Apparently he is a serial adulterer. His ex wife said he cheated on her over 10 times and eventually kicked her and their 4 children out of their home. 

Obviously that's just one side but he sounds like a prick...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Grabban came across as a bit of a diva and facts show he was bluffing to get out. Grabban came off once early and not injured and his replacement scored the winner. 73 minutes is not early either

He's a word removed, the ultimate mercenary, could tell that from his pathetic, passionless display for us in the play off final.

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Apparently he is a serial adulterer. His ex wife said he cheated on her over 10 times and eventually kicked her and their 4 children out of their home. 

Obviously that's just one side but he sounds like a prick...

Every one of my exes will tell you I'm the biggest asshole in the world and most will tell you some BS about me cheating on her, too.  None of it is true...  Well, at least the cheating part.  haha

• Haha 1

Just finished watching this. Very interesting and insightful. The rot had set with Sunderland as it had with us. I felt it gave a good portrayal of those involved with a few notable exceptions (Grabban, Rodwell- did he even play?) 

Down to earth club and fans. Wish them well this season.

• Like 1

Â