Sunderland

Richard

Deserving of its own thread I think.

Disaster waiting to happen or master stroke? They say he has motivation skills, maybe he does on impressionable players but established premier league players? Will they react well to his special brand of management?

The circus currently surrounding him could actually deflect a bit of pressure away from his team as well and may help them.

I actually hope the appointment backfires spectacularly , not least because it helps us but also because I think he is a totally objectionable character with repugnant views.

I also think he deserves payback for his comments against us after we did his team in the cup earlier this season so I hope we hammer them at VP.

His appointment could go either way , hence my question at the start. Here's hoping it fails miserably

Definitely a gamble. I think he'll get much respect as a former top player but he might also be a bit crazy and can put some players off. Don't know anything about his tactical skills. I think that it can be decided already in the first half of the next game if he'll be a success or not. And thinking about him as a player I guess that his tactics might be quite different to MON's which will mean that the players will have to adapt to a new style of playing. And that can be hard.

still on fence. could be enough to keep them up with his persona but long term has potential disaster written all over it.

unless he has quelled his anger management issues. as i said in other thread treating League 1 and Premier LEague players is different matter

It's such an odd appointment. Surely you'd want a manager with experience of this type of battle.

I hoped Southampton would struggle after sacking Adkins and while they're not safe yet I think they'll stay up.

surprised miliband hasnt been called out for what he actually is

taking the moral highground and quitting because of di canio's political views whilst hoping that no ones spots that he was leaving for a post in new york anyway

Bit worried, as someone said his clown act will take away the pressure off the Sunderland team. I also think his management style would get results in the short term. Would have much rather had MON stay in charge.

be interesting as chelsea cant afford to lose this one

be brilliant if they got spanked 4-0 first game but i think they will win 2-1

Same. Chelsea beating one of our relegation rivals? Forget it. I'm very certain that they won't win that game.

Â