Sunderland

Richard

£50m would be ludicrous amount of money to spend for a league one side, according to transfmarkt, there have only ever been eleven signings made by league one clubs costing £1m plus, and two of those have been Will Grigg.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Their fans seem to hate Phil Parkinson, which I guess I can understand, because as I understand it his football is quite dour, and the results are no better than under Jack Ross. Incredible that they're still down there really.

No sympathy from me when they played a peadophile in adam Johnson.

On 08/11/2020 at 13:11, Zatman said:

dumped out of the FA Cup yesterday at home to Mansfield, they have really not adapted to League 1 either

It actually amazes me that they were Premier League so recently.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Talk of Paul Cook.

Could see that as seems he's been overlook for a few championship positions in the summer and you could see him getting Sunderland out of league 1 within 18 months.

Thats a really good fit i think.

Newcastle fans must be loving whats happening to them

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Hopefully they get this one right and can at least see some good football maybe sneak up through the play offs this year.

Lord knows they have suffered.

Nah, they can stay down there :D 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Why do they keep hiring rocket polishers?

Bit of a coup tbf.

is it really a coup? Bristol City gave him a lot of money and I dont think he ever made the play-offs after great starts. He lost nearly as many games as he won at Bristol 

Never really liked Sunderland.

They were a bunch of rocket polishers when I travelled up there for an away game and they've seemingly never got over us taking Bent off them. Johnson will fit in will up there he's got a weird animosity towards us also.

I do think what happened to them could have so easily been us though.

Edited by penguin

Sunderland investigate after club's youth star labelled them 'COWARDS with no class' for letting go his father and kitman John Cooke without any public acknowledgement despite his 35 years of service (including six as a player!)

• Sunderland have made their longstanding kitman John Cooke redundant 
  • Cooke spent 26 years in the role and represented them as a player for six years
  • The club have not made any public acknowledgement despite his long service
  • Cooke's son, a club youth player, told them to hang their heads in an angry post
  • Sunderland are investigating after one of their players labelled the club's hierarchy 'cowards' for making his father redundant.

Longstanding and popular kitman John Cooke has been let go after 26 years in the role without any public acknowledgement from the club. He also played for the Black Cats between 1979 and 1985.

His son, Jay Turner-Cooke - who plays for the Under-18s and Under-23s - has posted a message on social media saying: '35 years at the club and no acknowledgment even though he was made redundant 2 months ago. COWARDS. No class, no loyalty, no respect. Hang your heads in shame Sunderland AFC. You know who you are.'

• Thomas Sorensen said: 'Cookie is a legend and has given everything to Sunderland. The club should not forget to recognise a person who worked every day of the week, through the night at times, so us players could proudly wear the club badge.'

Matt Piper said: 'Can't believe what I'm witnessing here! Disgusted is an understatement! The guy who helped build the good times, stuck around when times went bad, played for the club & now bombed out? Shocking.'

And Darren Holloway added: 'Shocking! No let-up in the poor decisions them upstairs are making!'

League One Sunderland - owned by Stewart Donald - are now looking into the social-media posts of Turner-Cooke before speaking to the player.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9011539/Sunderland-launch-investigation-youth-star-labelled-COWARDS-letting-kitman.html

The joke continues

• 1 month later...
Â