Sunderland

Richard

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Did their bit relegating Walsall. :bang:

I used to have a soft spot for Walsall and was at the game opening their new stadium. Then, about 25 years ago, I realised how much most of their fans hate Villa and ever since I’ve thought ‘sod em’. Pretty much around the time I realised how much Scottish and Welsh fans despise the England team so I stopped cheering them on in their games.

It is a special achievement to go down to league 1 a club their size and budget and not get autos.

The standard in that league is horrific. If they don't win the playoffs (which I don't think they will) then you can put this season next to the two relegations.

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It is a special achievement to go down to league 1 a club their size and budget and not get autos.

The standard in that league is horrific. If they don't win the playoffs (which I don't think they will) then you can put this season next to the two relegations.

I kind of agree, but actually think this is a bit harsh on them. They’ve done well to get a load of money for players on their books when they went down and actually haven’t spent much at all comparatively (Grigg for £3m is pretty exceptional at League One level though). 

It’s very much been an overhaul season for them.  That said, they’ve still got the quality to challenge (and I guess they have to some extent) so to miss out on autos will be disappointing.

They won’t have wanted to play Portsmouth in the playoffs either. Bit of a **** up from both clubs there IMO. 

• 3 weeks later...
Â