Sunderland

Richard

On 09/07/2022 at 21:38, AvonVillain said:

Did anyone watch Sunderland 'Til I Die on Netflix??

Yeah. It was a year or so ago and I was myself two or three years late to the party in finally watching it.

I really enjoyed it.

Never has a man wanted another man like Stewart Donald wanted Will Grigg that fateful night.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Have announced Jobe Bellingham signing on same day that Jude Bellingham signs for Real Madrid, good marketing for them, and good signing with not not much to lose, they get England youth international, sometimes England U18 captain, one of the best players in his age group, and one of the few his age with as much first team experience he has, for around £1m, if he doesn't work out they won't have lost much, and if he does they will be happy to pay whaver add ons are involved in the deal.

Probably a good move for him, as gets to move to a much bigger club than small heath but will still get to play first team footbal, whereas most other moves to club size of Sunderland or bigger would have seen him back playing academy football.

48 minutes ago, useless said:

Have announced Jobe Bellingham signing on same day that Jude Bellingham signs for Real Madrid, good marketing for them, and good signing with not not much to lose, they get England youth international, sometimes England U18 captain, one of the best players in his age group, and one of the few his age with as much first team experience he has, for around £1m, if he doesn't work out they won't have lost much, and if he does they will be happy to pay whaver add ons are involved in the deal.

Probably a good move for him, as gets to move to a much bigger club than small heath but will still get to play first team footbal, whereas most other moves to club size of Sunderland or bigger would have seen him back playing academy football.

I still find it strange as a big time blose fan you go sunderland when these wealthy hedge fund have come in. You would surely wanna stick around and see how it goes of they have big plans for the blosers

Be hilarious if he scored against them in the league

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I still find it strange as a big time blose fan you go sunderland when these wealthy hedge fund have come in. You would surely wanna stick around and see how it goes of they have big plans for the blosers

Be hilarious if he scored against them in the league

Would be absolutely hilarious if a Bellingham was to score the goal against them that sent them down and then caused them to go bust.

It's unlikely but you can dream.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
10 hours ago, maqroll said:

This Sunderland story is unbelievable. It beggars belief that it actually happened!

There absolutely must be a Newcastle fan somewhere in the stadium management team who has abused his position and is now I assume sacked. 

It really is unbelievable this happened. 

11 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

What story?

I'm guessing the one about them decorating the away parts of the stadium in Newcastle colours and slogans etc. mind you we once let West Ham wear our home colours at VP and we had to use our away kit which is more of a piss take

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Posted (edited)
On 02/01/2023 at 23:19, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah. It was a year or so ago and I was myself two or three years late to the party in finally watching it.

I really enjoyed it.

Never has a man wanted another man like Stewart Donald wanted Will Grigg that fateful night.

Was brilliant, loved it. First series was a pretty straightforward football documentary. Second series was like they got someone in to write a pisstake mockumentary of terrible management. 

The bit when their wideboy commercial guy, who must have been a parody of David Brent, decided that the stadium needed pumping techno music played at mind buggering noise made me laugh so hard I nearly punctured a lung. 

Also, much like the Wrexham Doc, I really felt sorry for their supporters, who seem decent people who've had a terrible run of it. 

Plus the opening music would have almost brought a little bit of a tear, if I wasn't so old and cynical and my tears hadn't turned to sand years ago. 

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 2

Yikes, not a good look for them today. 

Let them decorate their stadium in black and white, give the away fans their home end and then have to watch their rivals give them a humping at the same time. 

Sunderland were shite to be fair, couldn't see much fight in them at all. Own goal, Keeper f**** up and a blatent penalty. They just gave the game away today, embarrassing for the fans really.

Â