The Randy Lerner thread

CI

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We know we're relegated. We know we currently don't have a manager. We know 2 board members have resigned after a month in the job. 

What's your hypothetical scenario based on?

What you on about?

10 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

He is right the only way to hurt Aston Villa is to not support them , great idea. What exactly will he hope to return to if everyone does this as he asks?

Dunno - I think it would work. Supporters are abstaining not deserting. Most of revenue comes from TV anyway..

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Are we Leeds?

Are we Sheffield Wednesday ?

Are we Portsmouth ?

Are we Nottingham Forest ?

Which one are we?

We are Randy Lerner Holding FC a whole new dimension to F***ing things up

Leeds - Mid-table Ch'ship

Shef Wed - play good football atm

Portsmouth - top 6 on way up from where we may be heading

Notts F - Our loan-player (Gardner) may be our hope for a "good addition" to our crap squad

500 jobs to me straight away suggests we do employ a hell of a lot of people, the difference between us being a prem club and a championship club, the trinity upper being shut and the drop in attendances is not 500 people

that said i think that number is high and likely to be exaggerated 

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

500 jobs to me straight away suggests we do employ a hell of a lot of people, the difference between us being a prem club and a championship club, the trinity upper being shut and the drop in attendances is not 500 people

that said i think that number is high and likely to be exaggerated 

Yes, I do wonder if it relegation is being used to rationalise the staff somewhat. 

What ever happened to Simone Farina? We made a big thing of bringing in on the wage bill but not quite sure what he does.

I reference to the Irish lions, I just don't know what they're after?

We want Lerner gone from the club probably as much as Lerner wants Villa gone from his portfolio.

He also probably doesn't get a lot of income from owning Aston Villa.

So what's the hostage? It's not money for another Lerner purchase. It's money for the club which we can only assume is spent with Hollis' approval.

And what do they want? Well they want what we all want. Lerner to leave. A campaign so widespread, even the man himself is a part of it.

To summarise, I just don't get it. In order to speed up what Lerner's trying to do anyway, leave, they're threatening to withhold funds from the one thing we're trying to save, Aston Villa.

in light of all the mess over the last 6 years.....what. I despise in the man the most is the silence from him.....its disrespectful to the customers....what successful business does that

He has clearly made one monumental shambolic mess of running a famous football club....and says nothing.

i have a certain sympathy for a man having a go and failing due to personal misjudgment....but if only those factors alone were at play here.

He has lost a fortune, but in the main its his own fault

He is beginning to look dishonourable....he is only short of having a white persian cat on his lap and answering to "Bloefeld"

if he came out and acted like an honourable owner and explained his position, albeit it may well not sit great with us.....at least we could argue he has been honest.

Randy Lerner needs to explain his position of support with the club and what future we can realistically expect.

Its the very least, he can do.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â