U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, sne said:

It's a Tik-Tok prank apparently, tons of mostly teenagers booked tickets in fake names with no intention of going 

A click on that AOC tweet reveals Trump’s fans are quite salty about it. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Well I for one found it quite droll :)

For a lot of the Trumper base, AOC is a pitchfork and horns away from being Satan himself. Mixed race firmly left woman who is very vocal and forthright. Purest hatred material for his fans.

She could say build a wall and they'd slate her.

• Like 1

Imagine being that patriotic about a wannabe state that went to war with your actual country, that only existed for 4 years and got the shit kicked out of them. 

Yet those morons are a significant chunk of the 2nd amendment nutjobs. Bitch, the country that grants you that inalienable right to bear arms is the enemy of the fantasy country you wish you lived in. 

• Like 2

If I was a reporter I would like ask the don “If a bunch of teens could cause so much havoc, why do you deny that the full intelligence apparatus of an enemy state could and did interfere with the US election?

Trump already saying the 2020 election is rigged. Getting his excuses in early, or disclosing his campaign strategy? 

I disagree with Bill Maher on many things, but I’m beginning to think he might be right there won’t be any peaceful transision of power if or when Trump loses the election. 

6 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Trump already saying the 2020 election is rigged. Getting his excuses in early, or disclosing his campaign strategy?

Both - they aren't mutually exclusive. I don't think it seems like a strategy that will persuade anyone other than already-faithful though.

9 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I disagree with Bill Maher on many things, but I’m beginning to think he might be right there won’t be any peaceful transision of power if or when Trump loses the election. 

The 'deep state' institutions have generally spent the last four years briefing against him, leaking about his administration, and generally making sure everybody understands they don't much like him. There was clearly a lot of pushback behind the scenes when he tried to get the military involved in dealing with the protests. Maybe he would try to have a military coup if he could, though I doubt it, but there's no reason to think he will be able to anyway.

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I wonder if they at any point will go "hmmm seems we're alone in this. Maybe we aren't right here?" 

Which they are you talking about? NASCAR or the fans?

If it's NASCAR, it would be impossible for them to backtrack IMO. The fans however will not budge an inch either. Maybe driving round in circles will cease to be a sport

Â