U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Which they are you talking about? NASCAR or the fans?

If it's NASCAR, it would be impossible for them to backtrack IMO. The fans however will not budge an inch either. Maybe driving round in circles will cease to be a sport

The fans driving a protest in that photo. From what I can read Nascar have done everything right the last 30 days. Surprisingly enough. 

See the confusion. I thought I quoted some photos Sne had in her post. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Both - they aren't mutually exclusive. I don't think it seems like a strategy that will persuade anyone other than already-faithful though.

The 'deep state' institutions have generally spent the last four years briefing against him, leaking about his administration, and generally making sure everybody understands they don't much like him. There was clearly a lot of pushback behind the scenes when he tried to get the military involved in dealing with the protests. Maybe he would try to have a military coup if he could, though I doubt it, but there's no reason to think he will be able to anyway.

Agreed. On both points. Could get messy, though. 

3 hours ago, villakram said:

Fantasy chaps. You're letting the media mania drive you to thinking Hollywood type things. Take a break from twitter and such, it's bad for your health and wellbeing.

What, and who, the heck are you talking about?

Edited by Michelsen
  • Like 2

What I love about Trumps supporters in general is a lot of them say no I don’t support Trump but then deflect onto others, be that Biden or Clinton. On one hand they say oh I am not a Trump supporter, but on the other at the slightest criticism they shout look over there at Biden not tipping in a restaurant. 
Trump supporters in general. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

What I love about Trumps supporters in general is a lot of them say no I don’t support Trump but then deflect onto others, be that Biden or Clinton. On one hand they say oh I am not a Trump supporter, but on the other at the slightest criticism they shout look over there at Biden not tipping in a restaurant. 
Trump supporters in general. 

Obama used to travel and double dribble all the time in those ad hoc inner city basketball games he was fond of.

Never got mentioned by the MSM.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Obama used to travel and double dribble all the time in those ad hoc inner city basketball games he was fond of.

Never got mentioned by the MSM.

Always travelling. Always overlooked. 

• Thanks 1

Never forget the day Obama wore a tan coloured suit! 

Or the day he saluted with a coffee cup in his hand.

I'm pretty sure he rolled his sleeves up once and it was not metaphorical, but actual and in doing so disgraced the office of the President.

Also why was Obama not in the oval office after the 9/11 attacks? Disgrace.

14 hours ago, Michelsen said:

What, and who, the heck are you talking about?

The pre-post election coup and such talk. That kind of stuff is descending into the pits of conspiracy theory land.

University of Michigan pulls out of hosting presidential debate #2. This is a real pity as the fireworks around here would have been fun. Can't say I'm too disappointed though as the nominally public University had to pay $2.5million for the privilege. The "nominal" part explains why leadership decided this was a good use of funds.

Somewhere Florida, likely Miami, tabbed to take over.

Biden has also committed to doing 3 debates after the Trump campaign had recently pushed for a fourth for obvious enough reasons. 

1 hour ago, villakram said:

The pre-post election coup and such talk. That kind of stuff is descending into the pits of conspiracy theory land.

So you honestly think Trump is going to gracefully admit defeat, leave quietly and not stirr unrest and uproar among «his people»? 

There is nothing about Donald Trump and his presidency that tells me he has any respect for the democratic process. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

So you honestly think Trump is going to gracefully admit defeat, leave quietly and not stirr unrest and uproar among «his people»? 

There is nothing about Donald Trump and his presidency that tells me he has any respect for the democratic process. 

Well, he explicitly stated so in an interview with Fox in the past couple of weeks. No way to drive clicks or ad-sales reporting that though is there. 

Unrest is being stirred all over, by all sides, because we must be against each other.

Â